so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my Exc base. gold ink but not nearly as thick.
DSC00574.jpg

Look at the #4 from the Ex Reg And the "fake". The Ex and Reg look alike but the Hong Kong one complitly diferent!
.jpg

Why the hell would they go to the trouble to make,what seems like, a perfect fake, and then ****** up the numbers??

Do you really think every one is numbered by the same person? That would seem highly unlikely to me.

Darth Loki said:
Do you really think every one is numbered by the same person? That would seem highly unlikely to me.
it does seem highly unlikely, but I think its possible.
see that 3 that looks like a sideways seagull doodle more than a 3?
pretty much every one of my pieces that have a 3 look exactly like that.

I always notice cause it kinda bugs me for some reason. :D

Darth Loki said:

I mean, I don't think it is that impossible. Look, say I worked in a manufacturer for a product going to Japan. I know we'd pick the person we were sure who could write legibly in Japanese, and would be thorough and without error. Then once that decision was made, we probably wouldn't change it unless we had to.

I write all the signage for my organization for the Japanese tourists. Not because I am a native speaker, but my handwriting on the computer is the best. I had very formal calligraphy training, so the tourists have less trouble with the signs.

I don't know though, maybe those Chinese factories are more chaotic than that.

Polystoner said:
I mean, I don't think it is that impossible. Look, say I worked in a manufacturer for a product going to Japan. I know we'd pick the person we were sure who could write legibly in Japanese, and would be thorough and without error. Then once that decision was made, we probably wouldn't change it unless we had to.

I write all the signage for my organization for the Japanese tourists. Not because I am a native speaker, but my handwriting on the computer is the best. I had very formal calligraphy training, so the tourists have less trouble with the signs.

I don't know though, maybe those Chinese factories are more chaotic than that.

I also don't think I could write numbers the same 750 times in a row either. But still, this cat is very suspicious. Something doesn't quite seem right with all this. But if these are fakes/knockoffs, they are the best I've ever seen (not condoning though) :emperor

Darth Loki said:
I also don't think I could write numbers the same 750 times in a row either. But still, this cat is very suspicious. Something doesn't quite seem right with all this. But if these are fakes/knockoffs, they are the best I've ever seen (not condoning though) :emperor

No, I agree with you. If I were Rumadman, I'd keep it at the price he paid. Although in my mind it would always be with the asterisk: Iron Man Comiquette*

Then to my friends, I'd call it a fakette. (Laughter to hide the pain and all that.)

On a very special episode of "CSI: Sideshow"...

"The 3 looks like a backwards 'E' therefore the criminal is somwhere in Singapore. Kids are thought vowels at an early age on the South East region of that country...THERE you will find the statue duplicator"

***cue intro music***

GW250H398

When Sideshow provides a replacement, sometimes they're unnumbered, but often they put the same number. I don't doubt that SS has some dedicated people to number their bases so they look consistent. I'm not sure if they use it as a form of tracking either (such that they know they have exactly 750 (plus a few for replacement purposes) of a certain mold. I'm not sure if they break the mold so nothing like this can happen.

If someone found a way to siphon off boxes, unnumbered bases, and fully painted statues, kudos to them, because that's an operation that'll be quite hard to perform (Chinese mafia???). Still, these statues are a marvel (pardon the pun) to behold, and even then they look kick-ass in every way!

SolidLiquidFox said:
On a very special episode of "CSI: Sideshow"...

"The 3 looks like a backwards 'E' therefore the criminal is somwhere in Singapore. Kids are thought vowels at an early age on the South East region of that country...THERE you will find the statue duplicator"

***cue intro music***

GW250H398
NO NO NO NO u mean the show ''NUMB3RS''

04_numbers.jpg

I know its been said before....

"so i just got this in the but"

....best title of any thread this yr...IMO :lecture

here is a pic of the base of my regular version, that i bought directly from sideshow.

Picture947.jpg

now here is a pic of my regular iron man and the exclusive. there is a difference. look closely!!:confused: are the things on the exclusive back supposed to be turned around like that?

Picture946.jpg

Picture946-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back