SooSoo - 1/6 SST-057 Mr. Ice (Mr. Freeze: Batman & Robin, 1997)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Iceman cometh!

thumbnail_IMG_9758.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9759.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9760.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9970.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9964.jpg

Last edited:
Man glad I skipped out on the Dragon Toys armor, very under-scaled. Hope SooSoo announce their version soon.

That right there is a DREAM line-up! Look at all those colors!!!!

Many years ago, I had a collection of 12 inch resin garage kits, the ones you paint yourself, and had a line-up close to that. I've been eager to recreate that in the new soft-goods 1/6th ever since. It is just glorious.

Thank you @tjg and @Wor-Gar 🙏🏻

These figures really do pop on the shelf.

All the costumes and designs and vibrant colors from the Burton/Schumacher era really lend themselves to action figures with great shelf presence.

Arnie: "It's COOL to hang out with your friends!"

View attachment 725365
View attachment 725366
Exactly what is wrong with modern movie figures. No real color, not bright and colorful.

Even the eccentric personalities are gone in todays movies.... Mostly outside joker. Where is the over the top acting of Jim Carrey or Tommy Lee?

Compare it to Ras Al Gul in the Dark Knight, he's barely remembered. Same with teh Riddler from Batman.

If he had a more colorful outfit, perhaps more cheesiness......he would be more desired by collectors....

Last edited:

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_9902.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9902.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_9905.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9905.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_9914.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9914.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
That's the way a base needs to be done. A base doesn't have to be heavy and clunky. Bases can be cheap, hallow and look great.

That chair is fantastic, one piece of plastic, probably cost 5-10 bucks at a dollar store max...it just so simple yet ads so much. A hallow chair for the Riddler would be fine. Just yeah...beautiful figure and accessory.

I always wonder why 6 inch figures don't do cheap cardboard diorammas as they already use cardboard, might as well create cheap dios inside packaging.

I always wonder why 6 inch figures don't do cheap cardboard diorammas as they already use cardboard, might as well create cheap dios inside packaging.

The problem with some of those cardboard dios is these figure companies don’t obtain a high resolution image source to create the backgrounds.

Some of them are blurry or look like they have compression artifacts because a low resolution image gets blown up for this larger dio.

3rd parties I can forgive but licensed companies have no excuse since they should have access to the source material. Even Hot Toys is guilty of this on some subpar cardboard dios.

Some of them are blurry or look like they have compression artifacts because a low resolution image gets blown up for this larger dio.

Even Hot Toys is guilty of this on some subpar cardboard dios.

The blurry cardboard school bus backdrop included with Bank Robber Joker 2.0 comes to mind. :lol

Back