Sovereign Studio news/updates 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I missed you somehow, mooncat. I thought I had replied to your PM from a few days ago.

Nearly all of the outstanding skins orders have shipped, I'm packing up the last few now. I think yours were in the first batch, but I'm 100% on that. I'll have to check the list.

Hey m8 you checked the list ?

Shawny Wauny ? Cooey ? :joy

Shawn can you tell me if my skins have been posted ? if so when I can expect to receive them ?

If not when they will be :)

Thx

Im obviously getting over looked here as I post after you shawn quoting the previous post and dont get a reply !

Ill send this as a PM also

Sorry, moon! I had touched on the status of the skins orders, thought that covered it. Yours weren't shipped yet. Yours will be from the new batch.

shaweet!!!!! Thanks Shawn!!!

The last of these are going out next week. Looking over the parts I had cast, it was clear I needed to make new molds. Plaster molds have a pretty short life. The castings get rough and bumpy as the mold erodes. Can't ship something that isn't quality. Anxiety over wait times fade with the figure in hand. Disappointment with a poor quality figure never fades!

Officially shipped, man! Went out Tuesday, Priority Mail. You should get him today.

Went out Tuesday, as well. It was in last week's stuff, which my wife didn't get to. She does my shipping between visits to clients' homes and her schedule has been hell lately.

The first 3 on the list of 6:
2000man
dwing
seniram6

serenade
ashton16
monkeydad

Just checking in to ask if my skins were shipped or are to be shipped soon too? I did not get any of my last two posts or email answered. Just checking, thanks man please let me know!

Got lurtz today and man is he awesome! Posted pictures over at the lord of the rings forum if anyone is interested.

I received my skins and Indy jacket today. Great work!!! They are everything I hoped they would be. Thanks!!

Glad to see you guys are liking the gear and such! :D Post pics, if possible.

JEDIGUY.... your PM box is full, man.

hey Shawn, i got the Maximus gear in the mail today, dude that is very impressive work man, i love it. anyway thanks. gonna post feedback!!!

Hi Shawn.

Did you get a chance to look at my PM?

Just sent a reply. Sorry it took so long, don't know how I missed your message.

hey Shawn, i got the Maximus gear in the mail today, dude that is very impressive work man, i love it. anyway thanks. gonna post feedback!!!

Awesome!! Glad you like the gear. Post pics when you get him built up! :D

Got the rubber I was waiting for yesterday and tore right into the new batch of skins! As I said, I'm making these very pale so you can match any other paintwork on a figure with simple watercolor washes. That latex swatch in two of the photos was washed with red, light orange and a light bit of brown. You can see the dramatic shift compared to the pale color I'm casting in. You can see some more Mola Ram figures coming together in these shots, too!!

DSC05178.jpg

DSC05181.jpg

DSC05182.jpg

Just about got this guy done, too. Some of you had expressed interest. It's a complete torso/neck skin. HOPEFULLY... the shoulders work out. The idea is, they'll slip right over a pair of arms skins yet remain separate to avoid any weird folding as would happen with a one-piece sculpt.

DSC05183.jpg

More Mola Ram parts:

DSC05185.jpg

Hey Shawn, sent you a PM about a week ago, can you let me know the status of Michael Myers and Loomis? :peace

Somehow this slipped to page 4. :horror

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday here in the U.S. :peace

Shawn, please let us hear from you soon! :confused: :monkey3

Hi Shawn,

I've sent a couple of PMs about my Batman and Indy jacket. Please respond.

email sent.

Migwit, coming soon. Finally got things in order there.

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. Spent that time making a new run of plaster molds for Batman. 89 AND 'Returns'. I'll have a heavily upgraded V2 'Returns' available soon. Got more Indy jackets made up, and more traced out that need to be cut and sewn. I know I'm a snail, but I am always working and shipping. Been having to balance work with home life a bit lately. I've had a few "All you ever do is work" fights with my wife, and I think most people know where those can lead if not taken seriously. :emperor They start with, "Would it kill you to do a ^^^^^*ing load of laundry?" and go down hill from there.

I tend not to babble on about my personal life. Hard to find that balance between information and just whining. But I need to throw this out there. I've kinda screwed myself in a way. When I was first brought to this board because my 89 Batman, ebay had just changed their polices. Like many, I was pissed. I was sure it would ruin things for sellers. I abandoned ebay entirely for this board, and I still owed them fees. Why would I pay those, when they didn't seem to care about sellers anymore? No feedback for buyers? Credit card chargebacks without question? And alot of my orders/ebay sales are from overseas where things can't be tracked once they leave the US. It seemed you were just asking to be ripped off, and ebay was making it policy. I know, stupid. The fears turned out not to be true for the most part and things still run smoothly on ebay. I had literally put all my eggs in one basket; Side Show Freaks. It was a great decision to come here, but I should have stuck with multiple venues, too. People have really tightend their collecting budgets lately, and it's a terrible time to have one basket as I do. A lot my delays lately have simply been due to trying to come up with the funds to get supplies in and pay those ebay fees to open things wider again. I also used to get a ton of orders by email just by getting seen on ebay. I've sort of gone underground by working only on the board where so many belts have tightened. I started here about two years ago with a list of 30 people for Batmans. With the economy and such what it is, I don't know how long it could be before anyone sees that kind of thing again. I'm not complaining! I love it here and always have. I've done a lot of business here and made a lot of friends I'm grateful for. Like I said, it's a difficult balance. And the ebay thing was my own damned stupidity. That's why I usually leave the personal stuff out. But the personal stuff often overlaps business so at this point, I'd rather people know I'm just a talented, pathetic loser rather than a lazy bastard who doesn't care about clients and their money :duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back