Sovereign Studio news/updates 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, thanks forthe overall update I know time are tough right now ad appreciate the honesty.

Do you think you could just give me a quick shout out on the status of my skins? I've sent 2 MS, and Email and two posts on this board with no response. I know it probably just slips by but Id really appreciate an update on it, was it the last batch or this new one? Thanks man.

I'd rather people know I'm just a talented, pathetic loser rather than a lazy bastard who doesn't care about clients and their money :duh

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. We are family. Some of us have talent, some are just (makes "L" sign over forehead with thumb and forefinger)

:grouphug

My advice is, the wife comes before everything and everyone else. Do some laundry for her.

The last of these are going out next week. Looking over the parts I had cast, it was clear I needed to make new molds. Plaster molds have a pretty short life. The castings get rough and bumpy as the mold erodes. Can't ship something that isn't quality.

does that mean my stuff has been shipped? :banana

Shawn, so good to hear from you but that bites about the eBay issue. I have sporadically sold items on eBay and when I heard about the new policies I figured that was it, eBay is showing its disdain for its sellers, but then it didn't seem to be as bad as it originally sounded. Get back on eBay if you can, it's definitely smart economic strategy to sell in as many venues as you can manage. And you have a talent that should be known by all!! :D :monkey1

And thanks for the update! I'm so happy to hear that!! :peace

Hey Sean, have you considered selling things that are already made, rather than as pre-orders? I am interested in purchasing a couple Indy jackets, but I would like to know how long it would take for them to be ready after payment.

Thanks for all the kind words and support, guys. It's surely appreciated. At least my life isn't falling apart, though it seems like it at times. I've just painted myself into a corner and now I'll have to wait for the floor to dry. Odd how such a simple thing can throw everything into disaray.

Hey Sean, have you considered selling things that are already made, rather than as pre-orders? I am interested in purchasing a couple Indy jackets, but I would like to know how long it would take for them to be ready after payment.

That's how it was supposed to work when I started out, 8 years ago. My plan was to have 5-7 different figures in my arsenal, make one of each, sell them on ebay for my typical rate. While those auctions run, use the time to make the next week's batch of figures. If you get orders outside of ebay, just sell the figures you were going to list. Pretty simple. And it's very rare that something I list on ebay doesn't sell for the asking price.

That always worked pretty well. I had a 4-6 week turn around. Not bad. Even when I came to the board I was really pumping stuff out. Then I got obsessed with that damned Batman project:rolleyes: I don't know how many of you remember that long post a few months ago. I was set on the idea of making Keaton Batman figures with a FULL rubber suit; no spandex, all rubber, all accurate and unlike anything anyone else had made. In the end it didn't work, though a lot of really cool upgrades came from it. This was last summer/fall. I can't really describe how obsessed I was with that. It had to work, damn it. That really screwed up my turn around times. I just really wanted something ultimate, something no one had seem before. It became my personal Frankenstein, though the ending wasn't quite as tragic. And the more difficult and impossible it got the more encouraged I was in thinking it was worth while. If it's this hard than it would be that much harder for anyone else to match. I'm very prideful and arrogant in my work. Sure, I love making money. But money only brings a sense of relief. Reading an email, post or PM about how much someone loves a figure they've gotten from me gives me a swell of pride and satisfaction I carry around for days.

https://www.sovereignmodeldesign.com/ the link in you sig takes me to this : Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled

I was thinking about ordering some bits, but I think I'll pass. Seems like there's not much in the way of updates for your customers.

I was thinking about ordering some bits, but I think I'll pass. Seems like there's not much in the way of updates for your customers.

have you even read through this thread at all? Yes Sean is busy, but he is a good guy, always comes though, and WILL respond to you should you have a question. just my opinion.

yes I have read throught this thread. I have read through the massive Batman thread as well, and checked out Sovereigns profile. There is a member asking about figures that he ordered 3 YEARS AGO.
I'm not saying that Sovereign is a bad person, I was just memtioning that there seems to be alot of people constantly asking for update about their order, and not alot of responses. Just doesn't make me want to part with my money. When you take peoples money there is a responsibility to keep them informed - it's called good service.

Yes, but it is also not necessary for you to post your reasons for not ordering in his thread. If you don't order something, keep it to yourself.

wow, a v2 batman returns fig!! can't wait to see that!

sorry for repeating myself shawn, but i didn't get a reply about what happened with my skins - not sure if they went out or not. just let me know dude. thanks!

a V2 Batman Returns? I just missed out on getting that then. poo! :lol

Again, Shawn, please let me know the status of my skins too. There's 3 or 4 of us in the last few posts who handed over money and we'd just like a quick skim through and a "yes, no, soon" kind of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back