Sovereign Studio news/updates 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be out of the loop lately, guys. Been rather ill. Who the Hell gets the flu in Summer?? And a respitory infection?? I do, it seems:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll try to hit everything here....

Skins: I'm making up more right now. My supplier had a new latex I want to use. Typically, latex cures to a light tan/slightly yellowish color. That can throw off the skin tone, and you're always guessing what color it may turn out to be.
They have something new now called "mask white" that cures plain white. This should really help out a lot with color control and make for a better end product.

Maximus: These are being cast now, as well. If you recall from the other thread there was a bit of back-and-forth to get the sculpt to meet majority approval. From reading over that, it seems I've achieved that. The final mold is done, and parts are being cast.

Newt: this entire run is done and boxed. Some have gone out, more are going out today, TIGERFEET yours are in today's stuff! Denger4000's Lurtz is going today, as well. Sorry shipping is at a crawl. Didn't expect to spend close to $300.00 on doctors' visits and meds for this damn flu and the other stuff. It's usually nice being self employed, except that not having health insurance part. My wife and the boys are covered through her insurance, but we couldn't afford to add me on there.

Sorry to hear you are under the weather Shawn.

Indy kits?

Thanks, Snake. Indy kits are being made now, too. I was trying to get all of the jackets done at once so I could ship single jacket orders (the bulk of the list) and then finish up the kits. But it seems I'm bouncing around, as I've started a lot of the gear for the kits, too.

Cool thanks Shawn, will post loads of pics when she arrives in the setup I have waiting for her :banana can't wait.

Sorry I missed you somehow, mooncat. I thought I had replied to your PM from a few days ago.

Nearly all of the outstanding skins orders have shipped, I'm packing up the last few now. I think yours were in the first batch, but I'm 100% on that. I'll have to check the list.

Hey m8 you checked the list ?

Shawny Wauny ? Cooey ? :joy

Shawn can you tell me if my skins have been posted ? if so when I can expect to receive them ?

If not when they will be :)

Thx

Shawn thats a bummer I hope you feel better any updates about my keaton batman ?

Thanks
Billy

sorry to hear that man. Hope you feel better, you seem to be over worked as well, how do you get it all done? Thanks for sending out the Lurtz, I would more be patient if you didn't make the darn thing look so good, :lol

Shawn what about my keaton batman ?
I thought you where going to ship him ?

Billy

don't want to be a nag, but just to clarify, the Lurtz has officially shipped? It's just that I work very weird hours and I like to know when to look out for something.

hey Shawn do you have a tracking number for the Maximus gear you sent me, i tried to pm you but your box is full. please let know dude. thanks!

Shawn what about my keaton batman ?
I thought you where going to ship him ?Billy

The last of these are going out next week. Looking over the parts I had cast, it was clear I needed to make new molds. Plaster molds have a pretty short life. The castings get rough and bumpy as the mold erodes. Can't ship something that isn't quality. Anxiety over wait times fade with the figure in hand. Disappointment with a poor quality figure never fades!

don't want to be a nag, but just to clarify, the Lurtz has officially shipped? It's just that I work very weird hours and I like to know when to look out for something.

Officially shipped, man! Went out Tuesday, Priority Mail. You should get him today.

hey Shawn do you have a tracking number for the Maximus gear you sent me, i tried to pm you but your box is full. please let know dude. thanks!

Went out Tuesday, as well. It was in last week's stuff, which my wife didn't get to. She does my shipping between visits to clients' homes and her schedule has been hell lately.

Do you happen to know whos are shipping?

The first 3 on the list of 6:
2000man
dwing
seniram6

serenade
ashton16
monkeydad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back