Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to take the tip of the nose down a bit so it's more stubby in profile. That's the only thing I really see in Shatner's collage. Most of the issues; eye spacing, etc. are those photos. Keep in mind you're looking at raw clay. It looks blue in the pics, but it's actually a dark gray. You're seeing a lot of hard shadows where you would not see them on a finished and painted head. The contrast of the black eyes against the clay doesn't help, either. She does NOT need more fat in her face. I have to stand firm on that one. Check Shatner's collage, espcially the audition photo. She was nine, not a toddler. And she just kept getting older as filming went on. The areas below the corners of her mouth are staying, too:eek: Again, look at Shatner's collage. She has that "chipmunk effect", those little puffy pouches there, ESPECIALLY when she pouts. Those little chipmunk pouches are esential to that expression. Those couple production stills were among the pics I used heavily. Trust me, it will all work out:chew I'm sure you guys are well familiar with the vast difference between a raw clay sculpt and a painted head.

pjam.... I hadn't planned on doing ears, but I can. She'll probably lose her neck, too. I plan on doing a ball jointed head on a fixed neck.

Thanks for your response Shawn...

And congrats on your Killer RZ Michael Myers, it is truly a work of Art my friend. :D

Yeah, we rooted hair guys definitely need ears Bro. Thanks.

It's true that we don't have the sculpt in front of us, so it may look different in person, but we're not just saying that she needs slightly fuller cheeks because we think children are supposed to have them. On every single photo that's been posted, she clearly has a bit of fullness there that the sculpt is lacking. Still, the I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

One thing I am interested in is the issue of cost. I don't think we've even been given an estimate. And what accessories are you thinking of? Since the sculpt send to be in its final stages, I'd like to hear more about what the finished figure will be like. Thanks.

icruise, she will be in the Batman range. As for accessories, she will have Casey for sure. I'm thinking over other stuff, too. Maybe a helmet, if I can get a cast of a USCM helmet. Maybe a face hugger?

icruise, she will be in the Batman range. As for accessories, she will have Casey for sure. I'm thinking over other stuff, too. Maybe a helmet, if I can get a cast of a USCM helmet. Maybe a face hugger?

Casey? You Rock bro! I need me a Casey. Price Range is good. Most of us have HT Fig Helmets so maybe a facehugger crawlie thingy might be VERY cool. A few Companies have made them in 1/6: HT, EVA did, Konami too, right?

Maybe we can just cast a mold off one of them.

"Casey" would be an excellent extra, and so necessary.

I agree with Pjam, we all have helmets so that's covered. A facehugger would be nice. Personally I'd love to get an egg only because I don't have one. An egg opening with nasty goo, like in the egg chamber. That would be great to put next to here because she's so tiny; scary!

Anyway, thanks Shawn! Let's us know what you decide as far as extras.

BTW Shawn, and guys. DekDave is getting us a clear grab of Newt's shoes. For those who have the CE DC, it is in Special Features "Two Orphans". :D

I criuse's stuff was great, but here we'll be able to see them clearly...

EDIT: DekDave came through already! Although we can't see all of them here, we have enough ref imagery of her shoes for Shawn I think. They look like Adidas sneaks... talk about Newt and a Dolly... and Sigourney taking a "breather". LOL.

shoes1.jpg

Last edited:
... she will be in the Batman range. As for accessories, she will have Casey for sure. I'm thinking over other stuff, too. Maybe a helmet, if I can get a cast of a USCM helmet. Maybe a face hugger?

Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Discount Rate: Approx $125.

Figure includes Casey and maybe another accessory, possibly a Facehugger.

Updated: 23 Freaks have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam (pending HS)
r-Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge (leaning r/ rooted)
s-lerath666
s-icruise
s-BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r-Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71
r-William Shatners Toupee (pending HS)
s-Sabres21768 (pending HS)
k- P@CK@R@CK
s - Faschist Hippy
r-tnaig001
s- uscmhicks
s or r - lethal1973

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (outfit with no body)

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure

Here she is......

zznewtfinal.jpg

The Anakin body was a good choice. I've considered those myself for many things, but they're pretty hard to come by these days. I"m trying to scrape one up for young Michael Myers.

Thinking more about Newt's clothes, tailoring may not be a major issue if you're wanting to use your own body. It's a baggy shirt and baggy coveralls. Her costume really wasn't what you could call tailored, anyway. The only issue could be height depending on the body you use. What seems like the most feasible thing at this point is two offer Newt two ways: a complete figure using whatever body most of us can agree on, and a "kit" version without a body for those of you that want to build your own. The price difference would be whatever the cost of the bodies ends up being.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

shoes1.jpg

PS: Thread has over 5,000 Hits!!!

Last edited:
Where did DekDave go?

That is a good question. It looks like pjam is still in contact with him though. I think he's right here with us, but he's working under a cloak of invisibility now. :duff

Hey Dave, I know you must diggin' the new figure body as much as the rest of us... the "buck" has finally been passed, for good!!! ...well, almost. Btw, thanks for the great screen grabs, as always! Newt is gonna :rock:rock:rock

That is reassuring. There are few among us as passionate as he is about the subject matter we all love in common. These special projects just wouldn't be the same without his input, wherever he is now!

More pics coming soon, guys. I filled her cheeks out. Still don't agree, but I did it anyway:eek: I think I might take the tip of her chin down a bit, too. As you know I've been working from the scenes where she visits the derelict ship with her family. Are those reshoots from a later date? Does anyone know? That might be part of my porblem.

Got a casting here that I'm working on. This is the one where I'll do final smoothing and incorporate the neck mount. A note on smoothing things out I should have mentioned earlier on.....

ALL of my sculpts initially have a few hard edges. I do that to compensate for the fact that I always end up lightly sanding the castings to get a smooth surface. I also tend to coat everything I paint with about three coats of urethane clear coat beofre the Dull Cote goes on. That fills in some detail, too. When you're working clay with mineral spirits and a paint brush it's hard to get fine features like eyelids really soft before the clay just erodes and washes away. Maybe better sculptors don't have this problem, but when you suck, you do have this problem:lol

She already looks a lot better, and I haven't done anything to the casting. Like I said, just seeing her in a lighter color makes a ton of difference.

OH!! I also updated the Batman thread, for those of you here who are in on that one.

Back