Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compliments of Crewmate Dekdave. Someone tell me that shirt isn't brown..

newt1-1.jpg

newt8.jpg

Newt with Timmy Jorden, her real life Brother..

newt7.jpg

newt2-1.jpg

Carrie Henn a couple years ago...

newt3-1.jpg

Last edited:
That shirt is not brown :monkey3

I don't know really, it may have started out some other color... but its been grimed all to heck so it looks pretty brown. Guess she ran out of TP.

Compliments of Crewmate Dekdave. Someone tell me that shirt isn't brown..
newt1-1.jpg
It must have turned that colour later in the film like after she slid down that chute and wound up in the water.

Never too late james to INCREASE the population of "Hadleys Hope".

Noted: rooted or sculpted hair?

BTW, heard from Shawn, new pics coming VERY soon. Maybe tonight!

Rooted sounds good to me. If i can afford it maybe 1 each. Any estimate on the expected costs?

thanks,
James.

Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Rate Figure

Updated: 21 Freaks have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r*Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
*metaphorge (leaning r/ rooted)
s*lerath666
s*icruise
s*BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
*kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r - Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
*Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71
*r-William Shatners Toupee (pending HS)
s*Sabres21768 (pending HS)
k- P@CK@R@CK
s - Faschist Hippy
r-tnaig001

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (outfit with no body)

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure

*Yes, I am potentially interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt
Here she is......

zznewtfinal.jpg

The Anakin body was a good choice. I've considered those myself for many things, but they're pretty hard to come by these days. I"m trying to scrape one up for young Michael Myers.

Thinking more about Newt's clothes, tailoring may not be a major issue if you're wanting to use your own body. It's a baggy shirt and baggy coveralls. Her costume really wasn't what you could call tailored, anyway. The only issue could be height depending on the body you use. What seems like the most feasible thing at this point is two offer Newt two ways: a complete figure using whatever body most of us can agree on, and a "kit" version without a body for those of you that want to build your own. The price difference would be whatever the cost of the bodies ends up being.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

newtshoe5.jpg

ScreenCap provided by... Dekadent Dave!

newt4.jpg

Here she is......

zznewtfinal.jpg

Thanks for all the help with this LES!! Hope I didn't driove you too crazy:eek:

OK, I'm jumping in with my two-cents...

First, Shawn, great imrpovement. For my purposes, it's there. I do have a couple small suggestions that I would love to see, but it's your call. I'm still in regardless just so you know.

OK, here's the little fixes I'd like to see:

1. soften the cheek bones -- they seem maybe a bit sharp, prominent.
2. slightly wider nose around the nostrils -- her nose is definitely a broad triangle shape.
3. make upper lip a little fuller (and I would lose the frown lines).

Again, just my humble opinion. Not sure if people will agree here, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks, Sean!

I think this version is MUCH much better, the browline, the nose, the eyes are fuller.

My .02

Overall, it seems the HS needs softening... the lines look sharp and hard edged in areas... this is easy to resolve as you know she was only 9 yrs old and she did have some baby fat... especially in her cheeks...

She needs to look younger and cuter, Newt was cute. LOL. Again easy to achieve with softer curves in her face, chin, etc....

So, more baby fat in cheeks, define the forehead slope as per ref material, eyes a bit bigger, browline much better, nose base wider, button nose not as pointy (more rounded) and please remove the frown lines below the mouth and tweak the lips as per ref material.

That's it Bro, easy peasy. Great work!!! :D

Last edited:
It's certainly coming along, bro! The pouty lips are terrific! Overall, I hate too say it, I think the head still looks like an adults though. I've figured out a way to explain what I'm seeing though. To help everyone I made a montage.

There is a space of one eye between Carries eyes, and two eyes down for the length of her nose. On your head, her eyes have longer than the space of an eye between them, and her nose-length is the span of three eyes down, making her face longer.

Also, Carrie's nose isn't so slope-like/anime from the side.

r-comparison-montage.gif

Still, your hard work is really showing and I look forward to see your next update!

This is all productive healthy honest feedback IMO and will only contribute to an even more amazing Newt for us all I hope. We all know what an amazing Artist Shawn is and I for one am completely grateful for his efforts on our behalf.

Toup, I believe the eye width was addressed earlier in the first sculpt comments and I have to agree, they still seem too far apart. Your pointing out the shape of the bridge of her nose is also right on, easy to see there.

But I also have to say Shawn is so much closer now, tweaks really, but important ones. :D

Stupid Question: Is she going to have ears? I hope so.

Last edited:
Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Rate Figure

Updated: 21 Freaks have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r-Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge (leaning r/ rooted)
s-lerath666
s-icruise
s-BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r-Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71
r-William Shatners Toupee (pending HS)
s-Sabres21768 (pending HS)
k- P@CK@R@CK
s - Faschist Hippy
r-tnaig001

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (outfit with no body)

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure

Here she is......

zznewtfinal.jpg

The Anakin body was a good choice. I've considered those myself for many things, but they're pretty hard to come by these days. I"m trying to scrape one up for young Michael Myers.

Thinking more about Newt's clothes, tailoring may not be a major issue if you're wanting to use your own body. It's a baggy shirt and baggy coveralls. Her costume really wasn't what you could call tailored, anyway. The only issue could be height depending on the body you use. What seems like the most feasible thing at this point is two offer Newt two ways: a complete figure using whatever body most of us can agree on, and a "kit" version without a body for those of you that want to build your own. The price difference would be whatever the cost of the bodies ends up being.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

Last edited:
As long as you're gonna repost that GIANT update every page -- :) -- maybe you could break down the "r" and "s" and "k" into groups so it's easier to see who wants what and how many for each preference?

Oh, pretty please. :D

As long as you're gonna repost that GIANT update every page -- :) -- maybe you could break down the "r" and "s" and "k" into groups so it's easier to see who wants what and how many for each preference?

Oh, pretty please. :D

List will remain on a first come first serve basis. That is the order in which orders/interest expressed by Members were received.:D

This is the only way for Shawn to know who is next on the the list. I'm sure he can group orders based on preference. I will be breaking it down into groups of three soon though and the list will be posted periodically. Good enough?

Last edited:
Oh... all right.

:)

:D Yeah, I know it seems heavy handed to post the list so frequently but it is also the only way to post Prod Info and updates for new people who may be interested. So, I do it for them too... :D

Last edited:
I think the new head is improved, but not having actually sculpted it myself, I can only say I did my best to impart info to Shawn, and he did his best to interpret from there.
As for the new images, I feel like he should take them into account and try to amend her if possible even more. Just my take. The new shots (THANKS Dek!) are stupendously informative, so I hope he can make the needed MINOR fixes and get her cast. Ears and all!

Good job Shawn. I think I can safely say, you haven't let anyone down with your effort yet! :rock

I'm going to take the tip of the nose down a bit so it's more stubby in profile. That's the only thing I really see in Shatner's collage. Most of the issues; eye spacing, etc. are those photos. Keep in mind you're looking at raw clay. It looks blue in the pics, but it's actually a dark gray. You're seeing a lot of hard shadows where you would not see them on a finished and painted head. The contrast of the black eyes against the clay doesn't help, either. She does NOT need more fat in her face. I have to stand firm on that one. Check Shatner's collage, espcially the audition photo. She was nine, not a toddler. And she just kept getting older as filming went on. The areas below the corners of her mouth are staying, too:eek: Again, look at Shatner's collage. She has that "chipmunk effect", those little puffy pouches there, ESPECIALLY when she pouts. Those little chipmunk pouches are esential to that expression. Those couple production stills were among the pics I used heavily. Trust me, it will all work out:chew I'm sure you guys are well familiar with the vast difference between a raw clay sculpt and a painted head.

pjam.... I hadn't planned on doing ears, but I can. She'll probably lose her neck, too. I plan on doing a ball jointed head on a fixed neck.

Back