Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor: Ragnarok concept art from the Doctor Strange DVD

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope Hot Toys abandons the ****ing rubber arms for this Thor. They seem to have no problem giving Falcon and Hawkeye sculpted arms, they should do the same for Thor that way people can pose them without worrying about tears.

For pose-ability I would want them to give Thor sculpted plastic arms with a joint as well. I don't have a Thor yet, but I remember hearing that the arms on TDW figures shouldn't be bent for long periods of time. I like that they hide joint, but I wouldn't want to worry about tears either.

In the movie I prefer the bare-armed look a little more than the armored. But I wonder if he'll have armor sleeves at some point in the movie. I'd like HT to do a new Thor with arms that look something like the new CW Winter Soldier's, with a little of that nice shine.

I'll probably get them all, although not sure if they'll do a new sculpt for Drax or just the same one with different pants. Ugh. In addition to Mantis, they need to make Yondu and Nebula this time out. My biggest hope is that Warlock shows up in this movie, looks good (and appropriately Starlin influenced), and gets a figure along with Ayesha.

I'll probably get them all, although not sure if they'll do a new sculpt for Drax or just the same one with different pants. Ugh. In addition to Mantis, they need to make Yondu and Nebula this time out. My biggest hope is that Warlock shows up in this movie, looks good (and appropriately Starlin influenced), and gets a figure along with Ayesha.

It's hard to say with Drax because I'm not sure we've seen final product pics from HT for the first movie. However, the pictures on SSC for that, and the proto for v2 are different sculpts. v2 is one body with no joint seams from what I remember.

GOTG2 might be the only movie this year where I am not looking forward to getting any merchandise from. Nothing looks too different from the first and I am just looking forward to seeing the movie and nothing else.

Back