Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfoga said:
I may have to put some of the artwork from CIV my bathroom I got so much:rotfl

Artwork is OK. There's a big difference there.

I have a very old (older than me) ANH poster my Dad gave me in my downstairs bathroom.

But as soon as I have to resort to putting figures on my toilet tank, it's :pow

I generally have toys ALL over my house, the bathroom only gets cheaper figures (paranoid the humidity from showering will damage nicer ones) but there's all sorts of junk round my joint. Some say tacky, but than again I probably think their taste is boring so who cares? I think watching Pee-Wees Big Adventure as a kid non-stop always made me want his house in that movie, and I know I'll NEVER get that cool, I still like having toys and weird junk all over. I even have one of those chairs shaped like a big hand!

If I get this I don't know where it'll go, but I mean, I kinda don't care, I'll figure it out.

I'm seriously considering getting this, but I will have to sell off a few large SS/Weta pieces to get it. When that is done, I will have the room to display him.

The sacrifices I have to make... :monkey2

I am going dealer on this one, it is a real must-have. :monkey5

:monkey3 I just wish I knew more about the body materials being used. :monkey3

I asked a SSC rep about the materials and was told that currently it's a combination of resin (most of the bike), polystone (decorative base) and metals (parts of the bike--to prevent drooping, the support rod, and bottom base).

I failed to ask whether the Biker Scout base figure and armor was ABS plastic. :lol

IrishJedi said:
I failed to ask whether the Biker Scout base figure and armor was ABS plastic. :lol

I expect the armor to be, and the body might have as well because of weight; I just want some form of official word on this.

All I know is that the speeder bike on display at CIV was most definitely NOT made of ABS for the most part, and thus it looked fantastic and realistic. The resins and metals they used for the prototype simply MUST be maintained for the production piece.

Seriously, the bike itself was so impressive that I could hardly care what the Scout figure consists of. Unlike Plastic Fett, there is much more to this thing.

tomandshell said:
Why no exclusive?

I would even settle for a nice set of blueprints like with the Jaws maquette.
Probably because of the price. I can't imagine them having two editions because the ES will have to remain low on this one.

IrishJedi said:
All I know is that the speeder bike on display at CIV was most definitely NOT made of ABS for the most part, and thus it looked fantastic and realistic. The resins and metals they used for the prototype simply MUST be maintained for the production piece.

Seriously, the bike itself was so impressive that I could hardly care what the Scout figure consists of. Unlike Plastic Fett, there is much more to this thing.

Cheers man, that's good to know! :duff

I have to say however that I felt the same way when I first saw Fett last year.

SanDiegoComicCon2006057.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon2006003.jpg

It certainly didn't have the same armor, hoses or rubber covered base. :monkey2

Depending on how the outside dealers mark down their prices, I may also go that route. If the dealer prices are the same or not significantly lower, I may go with Sideshow. I don't mind accuring the points if that is the case.

I definitely want to reserve one of these, but I'm not sure if I will actually be able to afford it. I might need to cancel at the last minute, and that means I need to order direct from Sideshow.

I asked they said the body will be Resin not ABS. They said there will be some ABS and I guess that is the armor.

Thanks Irish! This is just alot of money. :confused: I don't know what to do! Plus I am running out of space.

Anyone know of a place cheap to order this, please do not hesitate to plug it in here :D

Back