Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iansilv said:
Ok fine alright. Dang, I am starting to feel like a member of the nerd patrol...

Here's what I want to know- Sideshow- are you going to adjust the scale of the piece? Or is it finished? I think the majority of people want it to be a little longer, and the ones who think it is ok would probably not care if it was a little longer. My wife is fine with its length. But she does not collect Star Wars stuff. :confused: :D

So Sideshow- please- let us nuclear-powered star wars collectors know- will you be adjusting the scale?

I am going to post this as a new thread and hopefully get a response.
No the scale is a lil less then 1/4 scale but has the correct porportions based the original blue prints the LFL has. They had it longer before but they found that it was incorrect after getting the blueprints. They said that many peices on the prototype were production pieces. Based on what I was told there will be no changes and I see no need for them if this is based on the blueprints.

So.....waddup with the articulation? Can we pose it as is, as well as facing forward while riding? I'd guess that's the best reason to give this guy articulation. Or shooting behind himself.

PosterBoyKelly said:
So.....waddup with the articulation? Can we pose it as is, as well as facing forward while riding? I'd guess that's the best reason to give this guy articulation. Or shooting behind himself.
There are three points. I am unsure what they are but they said that since the are 3 attachment points they could put some articluation in.

Here is my best guess, it will be in the neck, the shoulder and the elbow. I think you can move the head around a lil and move the blaster arm a lil.

The back plates over the engines moved though, I saw that in person.

I'm a bit confused on the articulation. They mentioned it had to do with the head and shoulder, but someone else said that it was the lower body so he could be properly positioned on the bike.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm a bit confused on the articulation. They mentioned it had to do with the head and shoulder, but someone else said that it was the lower body so he could be properly positioned on the bike.
Ohh i missed that I forgot to ask about that. I asked them so many things this weekend. All the guys I talked to were super and more then willing to chat.

Let's throw some wood on the fire, eh? :D The fire of knowledge, that is...

spbike3.jpg

spbike2.jpg

Of course, it's hard to tell with no rider, but at least the proportions of the speeder are accurate in these schematics. :)

IMG_7772.jpg

And this is just a guess, but I'd say there's likes some assembly required for the bike...

SS's bike appears to be closer to the top model above. It also appears to be ever so slightly shorter. Like I said about 200 posts ago, another inch or so and it would look perfect.

Darth Loki said:
SS's bike appears to be closer to the top model above. It also appears to be ever so slightly shorter. Like I said about 200 posts ago, another inch or so and it would look perfect.

They make pumps to fx that in Sweden..............I've heard..........from ...."friends."

Batty said:
I know there's no exclusive, but blueprints would have been a good one.

I think a forest diorama to put behind it would've been kinda cool too. But I guess you could always make that yourself.

IMG_7772.jpg

Looks like they are literally building a fort with the unsold Luke & Yoda PF boxes.

(I really like that one, by the way.)

Anyway, I'm not completely sold on the big black brick for the Speeder Bike base.

tomandshell said:
Anyway, I'm not completely sold on the big black brick for the Speeder Bike base.
I don't understand why they did that. Why not make the whole thing the forest floor?

Batty said:
I don't understand why they did that. Why not make the whole thing the forest floor?
Yeah that would have been a nice happy medium between this and what they originally had.

LOL I'm going to have this nice expensive peice with a log from my back yard laying in front of it!:lol

Looks like they are literally building a fort with the unsold Luke & Yoda PF boxes.

(I really like that one, by the way.)

Anyway, I'm not completely sold on the big black brick for the Speeder Bike base.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many of those they actually sold of the regular edition.???

Back