Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a much closer look at the pics in profile. Looks like the sculptors have reduced the overall length of the bike by shortening all the dimensions along its entirety. For instance the engine pods at the back are nowhere near as long as pics suggest. Also the nose cone of the main body is quite snubbed as well. Add that to the shortened nose section and I can see where the missing nine inches went. Ah well, I was really up for getting this, now my GG version looks more accurate, I may not bother.

kes said:
Just had a much closer look at the pics in profile. Looks like the sculptors have reduced the overall length of the bike by shortening all the dimensions along its entirety. For instance the engine pods at the back are nowhere near as long as pics suggest. Also the nose cone of the main body is quite snubbed as well. Add that to the shortened nose section and I can see where the missing nine inches went. Ah well, I was really up for getting this, now my GG version looks more accurate, I may not bother.
I understand where you are coming from. Accuracy means a lot to me as well and that is another strike against purchasing this. I am still debating this one seriously though but I just don't know if I can do it. $800 is a lot of money when it is all said and done.

customizerwannabe said:
Is that 9 inches or 9 scale inches? 9 scale inches is nothing. 9 inches off the finished piece is unacceptable.

good question, surely it's scale inches.

Vader AL said:
good question, surely it's scale inches.

I don't think so. If this were true 1/4 scale it would be 43". However, this PF is only (and I say only with a smirk) 34" long. That 9" translated back is a difference of 3 feet. So this isn't as accurate, though still more impressive, than the GG statue.

This will still sell out I think. It is indeed striking. But, I'm disappointed in the likely ABS body and the shortened speeder. I guess if you want something to decorate an entire room of your house, then this is a must! Otherwise, maybe not if you want something film accurate. So expensive though! I think the Millenium falcon is worth every penny compared to the couple of no no's on this PF. Unfortunately, not getting that either.

Guys-
I saw the speederbike in person at the sideshow booth and the detail was quite impressive. However- the scale is way off. It is simply too short. I talked to some people about the scale. They indicated that this was a pre-production piece and they still have some more details to work out. For Example- the tarp on the back of the bike is not film accurate.

I talked to several people at the booth about the scale issue. I really REALLY have a problem with the scale being inaccurate. The 1/4 PF like is supposed to be a definitive line, like the Master replicas stuff for the light sabers. I do not see why sideshow cannot increase the length of the piece to accommodate the detail we expect as high-end collectible customers. The speederbike needs to be longer- thats it. I think they could ship it in two pieces if they needed to- the front of the bike and the back.

But Sideshow- please please please make this and every other piece in the PF line SCALE ACCURATE!

There is a group of collectors that will appreciate it and buy it.

Well said, it will have to be corrected for me to sink that kind of cash.

iansilv said:
Guys-
I saw the speederbike in person at the sideshow booth and the detail was quite impressive. However- the scale is way off. It is simply too short. I talked to some people about the scale. They indicated that this was a pre-production piece and they still have some more details to work out. For Example- the tarp on the back of the bike is not film accurate.

I talked to several people at the booth about the scale issue. I really REALLY have a problem with the scale being inaccurate. The 1/4 PF like is supposed to be a definitive line, like the Master replicas stuff for the light sabers. I do not see why sideshow cannot increase the length of the piece to accommodate the detail we expect as high-end collectible customers. The speederbike needs to be longer- thats it. I think they could ship it in two pieces if they needed to- the front of the bike and the back.

But Sideshow- please please please make this and every other piece in the PF line SCALE ACCURATE!

Send this letter to Sideshow! :D:cool:

iansilv said:
Guys-

Yeah what he said!

The evolution and nature of obsessive Star Wars fans:

Step 1. A new Star Wars piece is seen for the first time. Star Wars fans embrace and rejoice in the greatness of the product!

Step 2. Someone finds out the price and the quality of the product is immediately put into question.

Step 3. All over the world Star Wars quality engineers...aka obsessive fans...pull out their schematics to compare every square inch of the product to measure accurancy to a millimeter.

Step 4. Someone finds a discrepancy of such small proportion that 99.9% of the world shakes their head and goes who gives a s***.

Step 5. The product is then labeled as inferior and fanatic fanboys go on a quest to destroy the name of the product making everyone else around them miserable.

Step 6. Fanboys boycott the product then come onto forums saying things like "meh, easy pass" or "Their not getting my money until they fix that product the way I want it"

Step 7. The Fanboy still buys said product and actually enjoys it when it arrives and the world moves on until the next announcement.

Just having a little fun with the Star Wars fans :D

Kookie said:
The evolution and nature of obsessive Star Wars fans:

Step 1. A new Star Wars piece is seen for the first time. Star Wars fans embrace and rejoice in the greatness of the product!

Step 2. Someone finds out the price and the quality of the product is immediately put into question.

Step 3. All over the world Star Wars quality engineers...aka obsessive fans...pull out their schematics to compare every square inch of the product to measure accurancy to a millimeter.

Step 4. Someone finds a discrepancy of such small proportion that 99.9% of the world shakes their head and goes who gives a s***.

Step 5. The product is then labeled as inferior and fanatic fanboys go on a quest to destroy the name of the product making everyone else around them miserable.

Step 6. Fanboys boycott the product then come onto forums saying things like "meh, easy pass" or "Their not getting my money until they fix that product the way I want it"

Step 7. The Fanboy still buys said product and actually enjoys it when it arrives and the world moves on until the next announcement.

Just having a little fun with the Star Wars fans :D
:rotfl :rotfl The truth is funny.

I was just having a little fun on the last day of the Star Wars Celebration.

El Roranous said:
this PF is still a great looking piece. I want it but we will see since it is a bit expensive for me. :monkey2

I would definitely pre-order it on June 8th. Then you'll have about 6-9 months to change your mind, at least you'll have one reserved. I would bet this will go fast.

Hey. For $800 I want accuracy. Sorry. My bad for being critical when it comes to spending $800. Plus shipping.

The idea's great, the figure looked great IN PICTURES, but if I get that thing in hands, after spending EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS and it's not top notch accuracy......I just wasted $800.

BUT if $800 is pocket change for you, and you don't care if your stuff is dead on after spending EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS, than that's cool, more to you.:D

Back