Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karma said:
IMO the ES has pushed the price up. The larger the edition size the cheaper they can offer the item as there's more to sell

I think people will be surprised how low the ES will be

MY guess is 300, maybe 250
I think that ES is pretty low as well. My guess would be 500 to 750. It is Star Wars afterall.

I think the Yoda bust had an ES of 1000 so this one, although more expensive, will probably be up there as well. I think the ES will make or break this product. It is in the nature of a collector to want a rare item.

El Roranous said:
I think the Yoda bust had an ES of 1000 so this one, although more expensive, will probably be up there as well. I think the ES will make or break this product. It is in the nature of a collector to want a rare item.

Yoda was a regular sale, this is a PPO (usually high demand + low ES) that why they have to streamline the website

El Roranous said:

I thought Yoda's ES was 500. Nevermind it was out of 1,000. Just checked.

I would think it would be at least 500 - 1000 because this will just be one edition so they will make a few more.

Will this be a Sideshow Exclusive though?

Maybe someone could try and pry some info out of them today about the edition size.

jason2885 said:
I would think it would be at least 500 - 1000 because this will just be one edition so they will make a few more.

Will this be a Sideshow Exclusive though?
Wow, that would be interesting if this was a SS exclusive, meaning that none of the retailers could get them.

whatever, I'm still interested but for that price WHY NOT make it dead on? I mean if it's such a small detail, why not? Seriously? No good answer, is there? Not hating or anything, just asking.

The ES will be over 1000. It's SW for chrissake. They know they can sell that many and would be foolish not to. A lot of people are hoping for a low ES so that theirs might be worth more. Don't see that happening. At an 800.00 starting price and no exclusive version, it'll take years to appreciate.

iansilv said:
Guys-
I saw the speederbike in person at the sideshow booth and the detail was quite impressive. However- the scale is way off. It is simply too short. I talked to some people about the scale. They indicated that this was a pre-production piece and they still have some more details to work out. For Example- the tarp on the back of the bike is not film accurate.

I talked to several people at the booth about the scale issue. I really REALLY have a problem with the scale being inaccurate. The 1/4 PF like is supposed to be a definitive line, like the Master replicas stuff for the light sabers. I do not see why sideshow cannot increase the length of the piece to accommodate the detail we expect as high-end collectible customers. The speederbike needs to be longer- thats it. I think they could ship it in two pieces if they needed to- the front of the bike and the back.

But Sideshow- please please please make this and every other piece in the PF line SCALE ACCURATE!

There is a group of collectors that will appreciate it and buy it.

They said that a lot of the peices on that are already production peices so changes could be hard to come by. I will try and see what I can find out about the scale I have a feeling that this is not quite 1/4 scale its slightly smaller not the proportions are off.

mfoga said:
They said that a lot of the peices on that are already production peices so changes could be hard to come by. I will try and see what I can find out about the scale I have a feeling that this is not quite 1/4 scale its slightly smaller not the proportions are off.
Also try and ask about the edition size.

customizerwannabe said:
The ES will be over 1000. It's SW for chrissake. They know they can sell that many and would be foolish not to. A lot of people are hoping for a low ES so that theirs might be worth more. Don't see that happening. At an 800.00 starting price and no exclusive version, it'll take years to appreciate.

I know it's apples and oranges, but look at the Predator maquette exclusive which is around the same price point. Many consider that to be one of the most elaborate and detailed pieces SS has done. The price certainly reflects it. How is that one doing in the aftermarket?

500 total ES is ideal. You make 1,000 and they will sell slowly at $800. Then ebay trends will kick in most likely downwards as most SW PFs.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I know it's apples and oranges, but look at the Predator maquette exclusive which is around the same price point. Many consider that to be one of the most elaborate and detailed pieces SS has done. The price certainly reflects it. How is that one doing in the aftermarket?

500 total ES is ideal. You make 1,000 and they will sell slowly at $800. Then ebay trends will kick in most likely downwards as most SW PFs.

Predator Excl maquette is doing well on the secondary market, but it truly is apples and oranges. The Pred piece has an ES of 300 and the exclusive has a lightup feature. The regular version goes for about retail. An ES of 500 could help keep this piece hold its value. But that isn't going to happen. SS isn't worried about aftermarket value(although they should be). They want to sell as many as possible for the price point(which they also should do). It's a fine line to walk and they used to walk it with more skill. The greed factor has entered lately causing increased ES and the lowering of aftermarket values...especially on SW.

customizerwannabe said:
Predator Excl maquette is doing well on the secondary market, but it truly is apples and oranges. The Pred piece has an ES of 300 and the exclusive has a lightup feature. The regular version goes for about retail. An ES of 500 could help keep this piece hold its value. But that isn't going to happen. SS isn't worried about aftermarket value(although they should be). They want to sell as many as possible for the price point(which they also should do). It's a fine line to walk and they used to walk it with more skill. The greed factor has entered lately causing increased ES and the lowering of aftermarket values...especially on SW.

You usually seem like an intelligent person, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard you say. If SS thinks they can sell 1000 at that price point, they should make 1000. It has nothing to do with greed. We all know that SW is the biggest cash cow around and people love big, expensive items (MR Falcon). Every SW PF has sold out. I'm sure SS accounts for some cancellations but the trend for a lot of people is to pre-order and then cancel later on. If SS derives the ES based on pre-orders, naturally the ES will tend to be higher and the excess of cancellations has led to a lot of Second Chance offers and a decline on the secondary market.

Obi and Vader have both dried up after being out a little over a year. Give it some time and you'll see the value of those PF's begin to climb.

RIght and I think that goes for a lot of the collectibles right now from SW. Unless GG goes and makes 50k of each. :lol They'll dry up and continue to go up on the secondary market.

Back