Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two days to decide about my BBB order. I see since last night its now available again everywhere too. TRU should get these for Christmas.

Where is it still available at?

If your TRU gets this you're lucky. Mine never gets anything cool. With the TRU tax it would likely be at least $175 anyways.

Re: Sphero BB-8

I found the last two at bed bath and beyond this morning

Anyone buy this online for pick up at Bed Bath and pick it up yet?

My pick-up email says I can use an in-store coupon at the store upon purchase. That would be 20% off, which would be great if allowed ($30 off). The online site says they are not allowed but maybe that's simply online.

I just picked mine up today @ BBB and asked about using the in store coupon. The lady at the register said," The manufacturer does not allow the use of coupons." :slap

So far this droid is a lot of fun to play with, the kids love BB-8. The thing that sucks are a lack of instructions, there's only an FAQ on the sphero site if you want more detailed info like charging, etc.

The droid himself does not have a speaker, the sounds come out of the phone / device.

They are still readily available. Brookstone, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Disney Store still had some kicking around.

I just picked mine up today @ BBB and asked about using the in store coupon. The lady at the register said," The manufacturer does not allow the use of coupons." :slap

Did you show her on the print "voucher" where it says coupons can be used in-store? Seems like they'd have to honor that?

I'm going to call and see if I can get someone to tell me 'yes' on the coupon. If I can't use it, I may just cancel.

Well, Bed Bath Beyond.... WILL charge you TAX.... and will NOT accept in-store coupons! Specific instructions from the manufacturer... and Disney I'm sure.

That said, the store near me in West LA is sold out. She said there was a line around the block this morning when the store opened to get ahold of this. I have two days to decide if I want this for $163 or not.

They had a sign hanging by the BB-8 display at my Bed, Bath, and Beyond that specifically said the manufacturer wasn't allowing use of the coupon on BB-8. It was a bummer, but I got him anyway.

Well, Bed Bath Beyond.... WILL charge you TAX.... and will NOT accept in-store coupons! Specific instructions from the manufacturer... and Disney I'm sure.

That said, the store near me in West LA is sold out. She said there was a line around the block this morning when the store opened to get ahold of this. I have two days to decide if I want this for $163 or not.

Just get one! I got the kid at christmas feeling when i opened this guy up, its so much fun!

BB-Tickle-Me-Ruxpin-Patch-Kid is going to be HOT for Christmas.

Yeah it seems to be readily available now, but soon enough it will be completely gone. Black friday will be madness for this toy guaranteed.

I was able to use a 15% off coupon at Barnes and Noble on this BB-8. I think I saved around $22. It is a fun little toy, but I hope the voice recognition for Android happens soon. I'm also interested to see what else comes for this in the way of the app since I read somewhere that Sphero wanted to do more but was limited on what they could make him do because of lack of information about the movie. I'm thinking we'll get games for this in the future like with the regular Sphero.

These do look cool and I'm debating buying it for my son for christmas after we see the movie. At 1st when the trailer was released I wasn't impressed but then learning it was real and not CGI blew me away.. Very cool technology. Only one thing that still bothers me and can't seem to get past is..... Um how does go he up stairs?? Are there wheelchair accessible ramps in the Star Wars universe?? :lol Also he wouldn't be too reliable in sand, snow or extremely rocky terrain.. Looks cool but a very impractical design.

Which one?

Which Barnes and Noble or which coupon? lol

I had a 15% off coupon they emailed to me since I'm on their mailing list.

I renewed our membership today, but when I got to the store the lady couldn't access the information and said there is a lag between store computers and ordering a membership online. So I didn't get the extra discount from the membership. I also didn't get a 20% off coupon because my wife let her membership expire last month and never renewed it even though we use it a lot throughout the year. So I could have saved a lot more had she renewed it back in August.

How does R2 go up stairs? Easy, movie magic - just don't show it. :)

Actually in EPII they sure do show R2 going upstairs. When Anakin and Padme go off on their own to Naboo and their walking through the streets then up stairs you see R2 in the background going up very slowly lifting himself up each step... :pfft: :lol
Here's a still pic from the scene..

star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-390.jpg

Back