Spidey 3 - VENOM Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the S3 stuff is great. But I would prefer more comic based stuff :)

That's right. Save your money for some more GG gems :rolleyes:

Who cares if the guy doesn't want to buy it because he didn't like the movie. Also who cares if he likes GG pieces over certain SS items. It's his own prerogative and decision to get what he wants. For good or bad.

Albeit, I wouldn't cancel a fantastic looking statue based on how mediocre a film is. I suppose everyone has their reasons that make certain things either attractive or unattractive to them. This is the best Venom statue IMO to date (the 1:1 scale SS Venom Bust is exactly that, a bust), and being a Venom fan, I would still pick up this piece. Yes, even knowing farewell how dreadful the movie was, because to me I can seperate the item from the movie. The statue and character are still cool to me. Sam Rami and company didn't make Venom. He was there long before they made this movie and he'll be around long after.

I just don't get why people have to attack other's for having an opinion that differs from their own.

Can someone post a screen cap of a scene from SM3 where Venom's mouth actually opens that wide? Did his jaw ever really split like that?

Who cares if the guy doesn't want to buy it because he didn't like the movie. Also who cares if he likes GG pieces over certain SS items. It's his own prerogative and decision to get what he wants. For good or bad.

Albeit, I wouldn't cancel a fantastic looking statue based on how mediocre a film is. I suppose everyone has their reasons that make certain things either attractive or unattractive to them. This is the best Venom statue IMO to date (the 1:1 scale SS Venom Bust is exactly that, a bust), and being a Venom fan, I would still pick up this piece. Yes, even knowing farewell how dreadful the movie was, because to me I can seperate the item from the movie. The statue and character are still cool to me. Sam Rami and company didn't make Venom. He was there long before they made this movie and he'll be around long after.

I just don't get why people have to attack other's for having an opinion that differs from their own.
How can you separate this piece from the film it's based on? I agree it looks pretty nice but that is still Venom from the movie Spiderman 3. In my opinion this is not Venom we all know and love.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the movie yet . . . I know I'll like it though . . I'm a spidey fanboy . . :)

That statue looks beautiful . . . I will be watching the secondary market and try to get one on the cheap :monkey3

In the same line....how can you separate all the prequel Star Wars characters from their cheesy lines and terrible corny movies that Lucas wrote?

In the same line....how can you separate all the prequel Star Wars characters from their cheesy lines and terrible corny movies that Lucas wrote?

I find a way. That's why I have some nice SW collectibles of the better looking characters like your Darth Vaders, Bobba Fetts, and so on and so forth. Why is it so hard to understand you can be a fan of the look of a character and not a fan of the character or of the movie that he/she is in? Again, it's called a difference of an opinion. If everyone saw things your way guys we would live in a dull world. lol

All about character design for me when it comes to toys or collectibles. It's just an added bonus if I actually like the movie that the character comes from. Hey, that's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Having said that most of my collectibles usually come from properties I am a fan of.

I find a way. That's why I have some nice SW collectibles of the better looking characters like your Darth Vaders, Bobba Fetts, and so on and so forth. Why is it so hard to understand you can be a fan of the look of a character and not a fan of the character or of the movie that he/she is in? Again, it's called a difference of an opinion. If everyone saw things your way guys we would live in a dull world. lol

All about character design for me when it comes to toys or collectibles. It's just an added bonus if I actually like the movie that the character comes from. Hey, that's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Having said that most of my collectibles usually come from properties I am a fan of.

Hey hey buddy!We're on the same side here!I love the statue and character design as well!I can't wait to get it. :rotfl

But you bring up some good points, and you're right....for me...and you at least...it's more about the character design than the actual movie and whether the movie rocked or sucked.

Hey hey buddy!We're on the same side here!I love the statue and character design as well!I can't wait to get it. :rotfl

But you bring up some good points, and you're right....for me...and you at least...it's more about the character design than the actual movie and whether the movie rocked or sucked.

I knew we were on the same side. I was merely testing you to see if you knew that and you did so you're alriiiight. Okay, so I missread what you said. I often go off on tangents and find out later that I totally was misinformed because I didn't bother to read or listen to the person's message thoroughly enough. *smacks himself upside his head* But Rory, he doesn't understand! hehe

But glad there are some people who are on the same page with me.

Bardoon, post a crapload of pictures! I want to see Venom in all of his gruesome glory!

That's cool man!No worries! :)

I got my notice for the 7-10 day arrival on August 1st...so they'll probably ship him out either by the end of this week or next!

One thing I did notice and I do like is that ALL of the toy/statue interpretations of movie Venom have his mouth wide open and "stretched"... very much how he is currently depicted in the comics with the super wide mouth and such.

BTW - Eli...do you have the SM3 Venom mini-bust? Now that thing is REALLY sweet. Seeing all the detail along the mouth added some incentive to get this statue.

That's cool man!No worries! :)

I got my notice for the 7-10 day arrival on August 1st...so they'll probably ship him out either by the end of this week or next!

One thing I did notice and I do like is that ALL of the toy/statue interpretations of movie Venom have his mouth wide open and "stretched"... very much how he is currently depicted in the comics with the super wide mouth and such.

BTW - Eli...do you have the SM3 Venom mini-bust? Now that thing is REALLY sweet. Seeing all the detail along the mouth added some incentive to get this statue.

No, I was holding out for the statue. But that bust is GORGEOUS! I need to see pics of it again...even the Spider-Man is impressive.

I finally get a low number statue and it's broken. One of the gargoyle's wings is completely snapped off and missing a chunk. I can't even fix it if I wanted to. Just my luck.

:monkey2
P8150062.jpg

I finally get a low number statue and it's broken. One of the gargoyle's wings is completely snapped off and missing a chunk. I can't even fix it if I wanted to. Just my luck.

:monkey2
P8150062.jpg

Did you get it direct from sideshow? If you did they usually give you the same number as a replacement.

I ordered it directly from Sideshow and spoke to Cathy at Sideshow. She said it would take about two weeks for a return shipping label and then they would ship out a new one.

I didn't know they would give the same number. If they do that would make my day :chew

With no exclusives, I'm hoping dealers get there shipments soon. I'm really looking forward to getting this from Bob.

I got mine today!It's massive...but I'm having a hard time getting Venom's feet into their spaces.

Even as I typed this he still isn't in...anyone got one and got any tips?

NEVERMIND...finally got it on...for anyone,just be careful cause you'll be sliding Venom very close to the gargoyle head when you put him on there.

It is absolutely massive (though not PF massive), essentially Venom is the size of the mini-bust version so you're basically getting "the whole piece". The paints are somewhat lacking...they're not bad considering Venom's erratic web pattern, but they're not outstanding. In comparison to the Venom mini-bust...the production painting style is essentially the same. The piece does stand out and what helps it the most is Venom's head sculpt, which is as spectacular as the mini-bust version...complete with the clear, red plastic jaw "gums" along the side. One difference from the mini-bust though is that the teeth are actually molded in a clear plastic. It does have a unique pose as well that is very cool and menancing...but at the same time they could've done something different and priced it at $99 or $125 like the upcoming Spider-man statues. Considering how a lot of fans are using the movie comparison as their rationale to buy this statue, Sideshow may have ended up selling more if they went with a cheaper product....BUT then again, both of the Spidey 3 statues are on Wait List...maybe after some reviews fly out this one will end up selling out as well.

However, when the Red 'n Blue Spidey statue comes out, this will probably be the perfect complementary piece to go with it and if you have the space, you have an impromptu Spidey VS. Venom statue pair right there and considering how well done the Spidey mini-busts are...I'm convinced the Spidey statues will be just as well done. If you're a Spidey/Venom/Movie fan...this is a definite must-have...but if you're luke-warm...I suggest just sticking with the mini-busts or any other selective Spidey 3 pieces. I, for one, really thought Spidey 3 was a good movie, but could've been better if the villains were just limited to Venom and New Goblin....oh and perhaps cutting the dance scene a little shorter would've been better. But Venom was definitely one FANTASTIC design in my opinion and this piece really shows it off.

Just be careful when you put it together, watch Venom and the Gargoyle head as you slip in his steel pegs and you should be fine.

BTW I got #33

Last edited:
Back