SS SW Figure price increase Upset or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you upset by the recent SW figure price increase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, if they feel they're being gouged but I don't personally don't feel that way. When I do I'll just stop. Demanding explanations gets you no place really.

Most people aren't really demanding an explanation, they are just venting. It may not effect a change in Sideshow's pricing strategy, or even an explanation of why they do what they do, but I disagree that it gets people no place. If nothing else it is a valuable form of catharsis, especially if people find that others share their frustration.

I just cancelled my exclusive Palpatine/Sidious pack. I don't need extra accessories that are 1. utterly unimportant and 2. will account for a $20 price difference between purchasing direct and on ebay.

I just cancelled my exclusive Palpatine/Sidious pack. I don't need extra accessories that are 1. utterly unimportant and 2. will account for a $20 price difference between purchasing direct and on ebay.

Seriously considering doing the same. I've wanted ROTS red Palps since the start of the line. But I've been without for almost 3 years, I can go longer to save money. I can't imagine him holding value long especially if prices keep creeping up and people drop the line.

Guys I have to be honest here. Plastic is plastic and its cheap, thats why everything is made of plastic. Once the molds are made, there is no additional expense. I would be willing to bet that the price of a Hot Toys body at cost is less than $5.
We may be willing to pay it but no 12" figure is WORTH $70, $90, $125 or $150.

I am definitely going to stop buy sideshow figures if they continue to increase the price without reason. If they actually got a new body then I could understand a $5-$10 increase, but this is getting ridiculous. A $20 price increase within 2 years without any major change in quality is just wrong. And no, I am not willing to pay such a ridiculous amount for any company (medicom and HT included) unless justified by quality.

As long as it's worth the price to me I'll pay it.

I find it kind of ironic that some of you that flame others for voicing a difference in opinon or offer suggestions (whining.... as it is often referred to) feel that they are now the ones "entitled" :lol

I think it's legit that some of you need to ask yourself are these worth it to stay in the game.I mean this is not like food on the table roof over your head kind of decision..As one of my many side hobbies this is by far the cheapest of them.I for one will keep buying the ones I like.

Besides..... we all know other than Jedi Luke these things don't hold their value so be patient and pick it up later.

I voted that the price is too high, and I don't like it. I don't like the price increase, but if Sideshow continues to make incredible 1/6 scale figures that I want to collect I will keep getting them. Within reason though. I'm on a tight budget and can only afford figures about $100.00 or less. I've drooled over the Medicom Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Jor-El, and Star Wars figures. :monkey5 From what I have seen and heard, they are worth the higher prices, but it would take me a few months to save up to buy just one of them.

So, if Sideshow continues to make figures for the characters that I want to collect, and keeps the price within my spending range...I'll keep getting them! :D

But...better, more articulated bodies would be nice to account for the price increase. Along with some better "exclusive items" with the exclusives.

Last edited:
It really doesn't bother me all that much. Now, if it jumped up to $135 like HT or Medicom... I would start to get a bit worried. Especially if the body doesn't change. But at the current cost, it is the lowest out of the stuff I collect... so I don't really mind.

That said, I hope that things to change soon with the Buck.

I would gladly pay a lot more than 69.99 if just the body alone on luke was different and nothing else.
Point is 80$ shipped for something that has the buck on it is just not right.

Its not a great basebody, but I really don't think its that major of an issue in terms of cost.

Just as a comparison I have the Rambo M65 figure. He's excellent, great likeness and tailoring, but he has a very oversized zipper, face is too dark, very generic hands and fairly bare-bones in terms of accessories. All that for about (using MSRP) $90 shipped.

Love the figure, but even with an improved body I think the price is too high on him and I'd say ANH Luke at $10 less still comes in at a better deal. And I'd imagine SW is a pricier license.

I really Really Hope maulfans right with his theory of the new body being announced during toyfare.

on the other hand, I hope he's wrong, becuase I'll end up swapping ALL my sideshow figures to it as well.... :D

whoa, I broke 1000 posts. when did that happen?

Last edited:
I really Really Hope maulfans right with his theory of the new body being announced during toyfare.

on the other hand, I hope he's wrong, becuase I'll end up swapping ALL my sideshow figures to it as well.... :D

whoa, I broke 1000 posts. when did that happen?

Have'nt you guys figure'd it out yet? There's not going to be a new body,just minor changes to the existing buck.Show me were it says SS is coming up with an all new body.And I don't want here that "they told me at the show" stuff either.

Jeez Chavez for someone who doesn't like or care about the company your head sure is filled with lots of conspiracy and anger about what they do :rolleyes:

Is there a good body debate thread around? Because I'm new around here, and notice a lot of ranting about Sideshow's "buck" body type, which I'm a fan of, and can do at least one thing that a Medicom can't.

As far as price, $70 is ok if it doesn't go beyond that for a while....I really hope that not all 1/6 figures start at that price.

Not to be an ass Chavez, but look at the hobbits?
They also say, in the video from SDCC that the child size body is the first of the new bodies, designed to be modular, so that the height can be adjusted by adding longer limbs, or taking them out.

Is there a good body debate thread around? Because I'm new around here, and notice a lot of ranting about Sideshow's "buck" body type, which I'm a fan of, and can do at least one thing that a Medicom can't.

As far as price, $70 is ok if it doesn't go beyond that for a while....I really hope that not all 1/6 figures start at that price.

Curiosity, what is it that a buck can do that the medi-body can't?

Aside from a garintee of surviving shelf diving I mean. :D

Jeez Chavez for someone who doesn't like or care about the company your head sure is filled with lots of conspiracy and anger about what they do :rolleyes:

Hey, atleast we all know the secret source of Chavez's rage now. He admitted it the other day.

He wants a SS Armored Vader, just like the rest of us :D

Back