SS SW Figure price increase Upset or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you upset by the recent SW figure price increase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am new to collecting the SS 12" line as I only have Old Ben, Dejarik Holochess, Jabba/throne and 2 creature packs; with ANH Han & Luke on preorder. I did have intentions to go back and pick up many previously released figures, especially for a Jedi & Sith lineup. I must say that the recent steep price increases have caught my attention and I am now making plans to scale back my ideal collection. This leaves me not interested in any PT characters and willing to buy only the iconic OT characters, including the following:

Vader
Stormtrooper
Chewie
R2
C3PO
Yoda

Sorry Sideshow you have found my crossing point on the fence!

Not to be an ass Chavez, but look at the hobbits?
They also say, in the video from SDCC that the child size body is the first of the new bodies, designed to be modular, so that the height can be adjusted by adding longer limbs, or taking them out.

Don't worry Lerath,I don't consider you an ass.:lol

But yeah, that only changes to the height.That's not a new body in my book,especially if they just added the height modular to the existing buck with all it's other problems.

Indeed, I have not yet decided if I'm gonna keep my Exclusive Luke from ANH yet. I've got..... 5 lukes as is now. And I'm not 100% that I want this version too.
But I can allways cancel later if i decide to :)

and yes, cost IS going to figure into that decision.

Yeah just keep wishing for that new body while each new new release shows up with the old one.

Even if it is eventually developed then good, but too little too late.

But, take a CLoser look at the hobbit body. It's a cross between the Sideshow body and the Hot toys body. I can see Hot toys wrists and ankles and neck design there. Ods are there are other features in there too. it's Definitely a new design, not a modified Buck.

It might be simular to the buck in Torso design, bu t Beyond that, i realy DOUBT that hot toys would come up with something like the buck, as they intend to use thie body as well.

But, take a CLoser look at the hobbit body. It's a cross between the Sideshow body and the Hot toys body. I can see Hot toys wrists and ankles and neck design there. Ods are there are other features in there too. it's Definitely a new design, not a modified Buck.

It might be simular to the buck in Torso design, bu t Beyond that, i realy DOUBT that hot toys would come up with something like the buck, as they intend to use thie body as well.

Pic please.

Certianly. I also recomend looking at the samwise QVR in the lord of the rings section on the sideshow website. It is the best place to see the new neck.

The hobbit photos highlight the new ankle joint best.

9213_press03-001.jpg

I know i've seen a SDCC shot that showed the wrists somewhere....

But I can't find it for the life of me. I'll look and post it if i can find it.

Is there a good body debate thread around? Because I'm new around here, and notice a lot of ranting about Sideshow's "buck" body type, which I'm a fan of, and can do at least one thing that a Medicom can't.

Measure 12" in height?:lol

AH! Well, it's not a perfect shot, but on the Frodo QVR, you can see the wrist joint, JUST BARELY in his left hand.

And again, if you look at the neck, you can see the hot toys style two part head and neck.

Yeah just keep wishing for that new body while each new new release shows up with the old one.

Even if it is eventually developed then good, but too little too late.

I direct you to the picture i just posted.

Granted that's the smaller style version, but it's proof it's comming mate. it will get here when it gets here. the sooner the better IMO.

Certianly. I also recomend looking at the samwise QVR in the lord of the rings section on the sideshow website. It is the best place to see the new neck.

The hobbit photos highlight the new ankle joint best.

9213_press03-001.jpg

I know i've seen a SDCC shot that showed the wrists somewhere....

But I can't find it for the life of me. I'll look and post it if i can find it.

Well,his hands aren't huge.:lol

Curiosity, what is it that a buck can do that the medi-body can't?

Aside from a garintee of surviving shelf diving I mean. :D

Medicoms can't do the front side to side position, like a ballerina pose;
superdamn.jpg

lukeandmedicom.jpg

brad.jpg

Sideshow also allows for a good paunch position, didn't think to take a picture of that though....

you know, you're right, i noticed that today with comic spidey :) Bot an often desired pose, but still a fascinating observation.

Please note, I said comic spidey! Yes, I now have my very own, Fixed, Frankenspider figure. lol.

Yeah, I enjoy my toys very much....do you know what I mean though? I think Sideshow is very expressive, Medicom's body type is a thing of beauty on it's own, but I don't find them suitable for the poses I like.

medicom.jpg

Lerath, I'll do you one better, here's a photo of the bare small-sized Sideshow-HT body, with heavy HT influence evident.

IMG_9730.jpg

In face I see nothing on it resembling the Buck. Even the wrist joints are the balls like the HT Figures have, or some variation of the design, but not the Buck style.

YES! thankyou maulfan, that is THE picture I was looking for.

And they did say it was modular so they could make taller and shorter figures with it.

Well, there's an issue to when they can start using a new body and I'm fine with it. Some of the head sculpts have been worked on in advance and sculpted to match the buck, wouldn't work if they're going to use the neck joint seen on the small body. So the figures we're getting now on the old way could be some of the last few with the previous style. Especially with the Star Wars line, they're not going to want to resculpt new heads to the new body, it's a waste of the investment to their sculptors, and it prolongs things because they'll have to get the new head LFL approved.

YES! thankyou maulfan, that is THE picture I was looking for.

And they did say it was modular so they could make taller and shorter figures with it.

It's modular only in the sense of like going from say a 3 1/2' / 4' Ewok to say a 5' teenager, it's not modular enough to be an adult body.

Back