SS SW Figure price increase Upset or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you upset by the recent SW figure price increase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand it is getting kinda high for what we expect. I just don't understand some of the arguments being made.

1. I will just buy medicoms at that price.

Look at medicom Luke. Sure it may have a better body. Although it is a bit short and looks nothing like Luke. It was also twice the price of this.

2. I will not buy anymore until they change the body.

How many of you change the poses on a daily basis? Really besides MaulFan to take pictures. I mean most of us post our elaborate displays behind glass or on shelves. I for one don't walk into my room and play with my dolls. I set them up so they look good on a shelf.

3. I will just not buy it at that price.

Fine don't buy it. Maybe it will show them maybe it wont. Mind you this figure sold out at $69.99 in under an hour.

Maybe I just don't understand. Again this is not something you have to buy. If you want to argue price and beat a dead horse about something I suggest complaining about something usefull. Maybe you could write your congressman and complain about the price of gas. That would be a valid argument. I am getting sick of filling up my tank. After all I can't afford it anymore now that I have to drop $69.99 plus shipping for a doll. :rolleyes:

Bah. This is a toy forum. Anyone tired of reading comments about toys (and their prices) can go ahead and go watch CSPAN and listen to gas price talk. :D

Look at medicom Luke. Sure it may have a better body. Although it is a bit short and looks nothing like Luke. It was also twice the price of this.

How many of you change the poses on a daily basis? Really besides MaulFan to take pictures. I mean most of us post our elaborate displays behind glass or on shelves. I for one don't walk into my room and play with my dolls. I set them up so they look good on a shelf.

:rolleyes:
1. medicom Luke is a figure from late 2004 and it sucked old argument.

2.Base bodys are MUCH of what makes a figure,you can have the best HS in the world and if it don't look realistic and natural when you pose it it kills it.You won't find many that think the buck should stay.(especially at this price)

1. medicom Luke is a figure from late 2004 and it sucked old argument.

2.Base bodys are MUCH of what makes a figure,you can have the best HS in the world and if it don't look realistic and natural when you pose it it kills it.You won't find many that think the buck should stay.

I don't think any of these figures look realistic and natural, which is why I don't buy them and like to watch everybody else argue about them.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I understand it is getting kinda high for what we expect. I just don't understand some of the arguments being made.

3. I will just not buy it at that price.

Fine don't buy it. Maybe it will show them maybe it wont. Mind you this figure sold out at $69.99 in under an hour.

Maybe I just don't understand. Again this is not something you have to buy. If you want to argue price and beat a dead horse about something I suggest complaining about something usefull. Maybe you could write your congressman and complain about the price of gas. That would be a valid argument. I am getting sick of filling up my tank. After all I can't afford it anymore now that I have to drop $69.99 plus shipping for a doll. :rolleyes:

:clap :clap :clap :clap

I am more pissed that gas prices have increased I started collecting these figures. Maybe the gas companies will give me a reason why it costs so much more :lol

You have a *****ty face......and uhh... Whateva!:lol

601_image_21.jpg

Yeah. Anyone complaining about price shouldn't be tooting the medicom horn thats for sure. :lol

I disagree.While i think that medicoms are high priced they are of much better quality in the body and tailoring.(this is just the SW line the marvel line is priced here at 99.99)

I would gladly pay a lot more than 69.99 if just the body alone on luke was different and nothing else.
Point is 80$ shipped for something that has the buck on it is just not right.

I would gladly pay a lot more than 69.99 if just the body alone on luke was different and nothing else.
Point is 80$ shipped for something that has the buck on it is just not right.

How much more? $70 more like a Medicom? You can easily buy a nude hot toys or dragon figure for less that $70 and do a body swap.

How much more? $70 more like a Medicom? You can easily buy a nude hot toys or dragon figure for less that $70 and do a body swap.

No.For 70$ more the body AND the tailoring would have to be better.Which i think Medicom and Hot Toys both excel in.

There was time (when Jedi Luke was being sold for $50) when I expected that future armored figures would go for $70. Funny!

Back