SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FIRST!

DSC07504.jpg

DSC07506.jpg

DSC07507.jpg

DSC07508.jpg

DSC07509.jpg

NICE!!!

Wish it had lights. I hope someone puts them in.

But it looks very well made. How heavy is it?

Not heavy at all. a pound and a half...roughly.

Does not come apart like Thrawn's chair. The base swivels...but as near as I can tell...will not separate. I want to get my Emperor in the ASAP.

I'm really impressed with how nicely this looks to have turned out. It's a pretty simple chair, but, it's nice to see the appearance look faithful to the screen prop, it's got a nice shine to it, the purple padding looks really nice, the buttons look well painted like Vader's lights so even though they're not lit, they almost look it. Having wanted the throne badly to come with ROTJ Emperor, I'm happy with how it turned out, if Palpatine is as good as Sidious, this'll be a beautiful set.

I'd like to see someone take photos of the ROTS Emperor (and Chancellor, for that matter) in the chair, to hold me over until the ROTJ Palpy comes out.

I've got mine coming, though it's a bit hard to explain an empty 1:6 chair for the price, esp when I wont pay that much for a real chair....this hobby is weird

That's why collectibles from a rational standpoint are all overpriced. Without even getting into the whole polystone debate, bottom line, this chair cost a price equivalent to an ammount you could get a functional desk chair or something you could put to use and not just for decoration. I'm not bothered by the price, I love the throne and want it and I'm fine with it, but if you take a rational look at things, it's silly to spend money on a toy chair that could buy you a real one.

Here is EIII Palpitine on the throne.

DSC07515.jpg

Personally, I think he looks good. A note, though, this Palpatine has to slouch to fit in the Throne. But seeing as how he does in the film anyway...I am OK if the next Palpitine does as well.

Edit - Added Luke's lightsaber.

DSC07516.jpg

Last edited:
I've got mine coming, though it's a bit hard to explain an empty 1:6 chair for the price, esp when I wont pay that much for a real chair....this hobby is weird

:rotfl:cuckoo::lol
Everytime I step into Office Depot there's this chair for about $60. Not the best chair, but nicer than the one I have at home; which is about 8 years old. I always tell myself I don't need it and anyway it's $60. Now, I'm looking through online retailers for the Thrown. All are over $120. The Emperor is going to have nicer and more expensive chair then mine.:cuckoo:

Back