SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quit talking food, dammit!!! I'm eating 'cause I'm sad about canceling. It's what Americans do! image of the crew on WALL-E

That's the sad thing... They're really dropping the ball by processing the throne first.... Of course what choice do they have? Leave 1000 thrones in their warehouse for a month or two? :dunno

That's exactly what they should've done. There's be more of a demand if people had throneless Emperors versus Emperorless thrones.

I am trying to get my mind around this whole "don't-want-the-throne-if-the-Emperor-doesn't-ship-at-the-same-time" mindset. Each to their own, I guess, but I will just leave the throne in the box until the Emperor ships (unless I find my Hasbro Emperor, then I will use that until I get Sideshow's). Hell, for that matter, I will be OK with using the EIII Emperor until Sideshow's EVI one ships.

I'd be cancelling now even if the Emperor was shipping, but I can see how spending $140 loses it's charm when the set will be incomplete for an unknown period of time.

To me it's the equivalent of SS offering a figure stand for a figure I don't have. Why would I buy it?

What will be interesting will be how many of us go nuts looking for one in a month or two.

Considering the throne is still quite available already without cancellations, I can see it sitting around for awhile. Sideshow still has it up, BBTS has it, Star Wars Shop still has it I believe.

Or, they could quit making every single thing that is not a figure out of Polystone every time.

Exactly. These items are suppose to go with the "plastic doll" line. They're not in the 'statue class' so why pretend?

{btw, not deliberatively trying to stalk you around the forum, IJ, just finding synchronicity in your recent statements with my thoughts as well...lol.}

Exactly. These items are suppose to go with the "plastic doll" line. They're not in the 'statue class' so why pretend?

{btw, not deliberatively trying to stalk you around the forum, IJ, just finding synchronicity in your recent statements with my thoughts as well...lol.}

Awesome Pickle, you are going good with the synchronizing! :lecture

It's hard to have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stock just sitting in a warehouse though. How do you justify that?

Easy. Guaranteed sales > Cancellations. It's really as simple as that. ATM, there's no need for the throne. It's the classic case of supply with no demand. We don't have the emperor yet, and most getting the EX won't pose him on the throne with the exclusive head and the Ex's should be shipping first, so there's an even longer delay. This could further hurt them with the throne hitting GC list shortly after the regular Emperor has shipped meaning they'll take a bigger loss.

Yup, at this point, even a 25 day notice for the Emperor would be better than the nothing we have now, for all anyone knows, the Emperor himself may not come until September, that's still in Q3, people won't want to spend the money now on something for a figure they won't see for 2 months.

The end result will be just about the same, a warehouse full waiting to send them out and charge people until the Emperor's in stock too, or get a lot of cancellations and be stuck on inventory and without orders to move it. At least holding them inhouse to wait for the Emperor, they'd have orders for them to charge to eventually, with cancellations, they'll have to wait and hope someone buys them.

It was fortunate that Jabba and his throne arrived same time.

Who cares either way. I see the points here, but one thing still remains. Once Emperor starts shipping, the thrones will start selling. Either from SS or e-tailers. They're gonna sell a decent amount no matter what. (no Throne for me though, i just want my figure)

Back