SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the portrait would have looked more like this.
palpatinepl5.jpg

Me too - the likeness really bears little resemblance to the actor...its well done, just not him

I have not been happy with their pro body scale issues - I hope this guy is not shorter than standard bucks, cause Ian McDiarmid was not a short guy....Vader was not two full heads taller than him

If you froo-froo'd the robe and stuck a flash bulb in his face I doubt the actor would resemble the actor.

A lot of people seem really happy with this so I don't wanna come in here and just piss on everybody's good time, but I really don't like this figure. It doesn't look anything like him and the giant puffy doll robe kills the whole thing for me.

This is the second A-list character, along with Yoda, that was a huge disappointment to me and it bums me the hell out that I wont be adding these characters to my collection.

I dont mean to be a debbie downer, I'm glad most people like it, but man did it ruin my day when I first saw this fig.

Ouch, lot of people bailing on this.

I really think it will be quite easy to futz/water treat this figure to make it look right, robe-wise. The sculpt is a matter of taste in what you've come to expect from Sideshow.

Most every clothed figure comes out of the box needing some work. This one seems minimal compared to Lando or the Imperial Officers.

Had to cancel as well. After thinking it over, I'm just not ready to shell out over $100+ on this very simple figure. Will pick it up later for half the price.

Yeah, that exclusive sculpt is keeping me hanging on too...canceled the throne though. With my luck getting stuff up here, it'd be in pieces in a smashed box anyway...

And Wor-Gar's right...the robes look like they'll look great with some work. I'm just wondering one other thing though...tell me this guy's got PANTS!

That is the most disturbing thing about the Sidious figure...that lacy dress under the robe and no pants...(shiver)...

Back