SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first I can remember of people bagging on the sculpt, TBH.

Yeah, that's surprising! I think it's a very fine sculpt! I've studied The Emperor quite a bit, and I instantly liked the figure when I saw the hi-res pics and the pics of the production figure. Not sure what the deal is with the new-found hate-on.

There was a slew of love for this figure when he went up for pre-order, that much I know. Anyone who thought the Emperor wouldn't need a ton of futzing/water treatment work was fooling themselves though. Maybe the unfutzed pics are turning people off??? For those of us who enjoy that kind of thing he's going to be a blast! Can't wait to see if there's any wire inside the hood and wrists.... That will be a must add!

...Anyone who thought the Emperor wouldn't need a ton of futzing/water treatment work was fooling themselves though....Can't wait to see if there's any wire inside the hood and wrists....

True dat. There's a LOT of material in that costume, and it looks marvelous! I'm more than positive that the hood and sleeves have wires.

Just for the record, I didn't cancel because I "hated the sculpt" or because I "couldn't afford it". The two sculpts actually look amazing and money per se is not an issue. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the 1/6th Star Wars line in particular, patience is a virtue. Lower prices are to be had if one waits for them.

My last retail purchases were the exclusive Darth Vader and Stormtrooper from SS directly. Since then I have been able to acquire the following for significantly less than retail price:

Smuggler Han Solo
Sandtrooper
Tatooine Luke
Utupau Clone
Rebel Fleet Trooper
General Kenobi

Not listed are the non-Star Wars figures, which are a few as well.

I admit that some of the above debuted a couple of years ago, but not suffering from "must-have-it-now" syndrome, I pocketed more then half the retail cost by being patient.

Other hobbies are also taking their fair bite out of the available "hobby funds" so it's a win-win situation for me.

Just for the record, I didn't cancel because I "hated the sculpt" or because I "couldn't afford it". The two sculpts actually look amazing and money per se is not an issue. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the 1/6th Star Wars line in particular, patience is a virtue. Lower prices are to be had if one waits for them.

My last retail purchases were the exclusive Darth Vader and Stormtrooper from SS directly. Since then I have been able to acquire the following for significantly less than retail price:

Smuggler Han Solo
Sandtrooper
Tatooine Luke
Utupau Clone
Rebel Fleet Trooper
General Kenobi

Not listed are the non-Star Wars figures, which are a few as well.

I admit that some of the above debuted a couple of years ago, but not suffering from "must-have-it-now" syndrome, I pocketed more then half the retail cost by being patient.

Other hobbies are also taking their fair bite out of the available "hobby funds" so it's a win-win situation for me.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm going the same route.

Do you think the aftermarket value on GG will be the same way? I'm kinda surprised there was no exclusive on Gammy!

The Gammy is pretty unique. It looks fantastic but I think it is mostly a must-buy to those that have the Jabba set. It also fits in with ones "aliens" collection as well.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm going the same route.

It just makes monetary sense. Just thinking that only "9 or 10" figures purchased at retail is around one thousand dollars has me going like this: :horror

Sorry for interrupting,

as promised, here is more pic of him on his Throne!!

img00422d.jpg

img0044jw.jpg

img0008ba.jpg

img0016ht.jpg

img0013f.jpg

img0019hs.jpg

Oh..Thanks for all of the complements!
C'ya!!

Agreed, I particularly like this image, both how it shows the sculpt and how he sits in the throne, just looks awesome, everything I could hope this duo would be.

img0008ba.jpg

Not much longer now.

I'm just relieved to see him fit nicely, Sidious really can't sit on it, his head is pressed right up against the top of the throne, which is ok, I'm sure the throne was made specifically to fit this figure, but like everyone else with the throne already, it'll be nice to finally have an occupant for it, and it'll be THE occupant for it.

Looks like he's sitting just fine in it to me. Just a bit of messing around with it to get it sitting like that but looks good to me.

Looks like he's sitting just fine in it to me. Just a bit of messing around with it to get it sitting like that but looks good to me.

I agree he looks fine, I was referring to the Episode 3 Sidious figure, I tried to sit him on it when the throne came in but the size of the figure and posability doesn't let him fit in there too good, the Emperor made to go with the throne looks just fine it which is what counts.

That will be cool to see. I probably will shoot a couple with that head on but him sitting in the chair is where I'm going with it.

Back