SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, I'd love to see this at some point.

044460_ph20.jpg

At least we know, if not right now, TPM Obi-Wan will happen.
:goodpost:

I like to see this and the Geonosis Padme made.

darth sidious, palpatine and the rotj emperor. the character release seems redundant with 4 different sculpts. is ss milking us?

2126_press15-001.jpg

100005_press03-001.jpg
Palpatine is obviously the main character of the series. He deserves more releases than any other.

So who else's throne is fine, mine is, just curious if the breakage is being blown out of proportion or if it is hitting a lot of folks here.

i pre ordered the EX Palpatine using the SS reward points.A lil over $50 usd it will cost me,but once shipping plays out to AUS i might be looking at $120 USD.
Cancelled the Throne when i seen it shipping alone...i will reorder it when i get the 501st notice :)

So who else's throne is fine, mine is, just curious if the breakage is being blown out of proportion or if it is hitting a lot of folks here.

Well so far, there's been four people who have reported breakage, so 4 out of X, where X = unique posters in this thread. You can extrapolate from there, as I'm sure there's people who've ordered the throne that either don't post here or don't have a camera, or just don't feel like complaining that their throne is broken.

Still, that's four people who've come forward to say they've all had the stand break off their throne. Something is wrong there. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt at two, but four is starting to show a pattern.

I can guarantee if a member here had a broken one we'd have heard about it. People don't always post when they get stuff (I know I don't always) but they always post when the get something and its broken :lol

Also bear in mind that even if you do end up with a broken one, it will be replaced if you got it from Sideshow or one of their retailers.

Yeah, really not seeing the big deal with the broken thrones. Sure, they screwed up in packaging it. But it's Sideshow. They replace pretty much anything for you. I don't know why anyone would consider it an issue.

Got my throne today (put it on Flex just because the Emperor wasn't going to be on its coat tails) and its not broken! :yess:

But its not numbered. Is that normal? I thought Sideshow numbered all of their Poly items? The brown shipper box says 717 and usually that is the number the piece ends up, but the art box is unnumbered (although I see a white box that looks like it could be used for numbering that is blank) and there is nothing on the bottom of the throne itself either :confused:

I haven't been following the throne closely other than them coming damaged so I'm sure this has already been answered, so please forgive me.

Cobra Throne is numbered.

As said already, my throne arrived in good condition, with no issues. The little styroblocks were wedged in there to prevent breakage. I'd say the problem isn't with the product (though I'd still have preferred more durable plastic) but with one of their guys in packing and shipping.

polystone looks more like a collectible then when it's plastic.

In my opinion thats just silly, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all until you picked it up, so mabee it would "feel" more like a collectible, but I could really care less if it weighs 6 ounces or 6 pounds, or what it is made out of, as long as it looks good, and doesn't break when you look at it wrong.

Back