SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P8230036.jpg

darth sidious, palpatine and the rotj emperor. the character release seems redundant with 4 different sculpts. is ss milking us?

2126_press15-001.jpg

100005_press03-001.jpg

darth sidious, palpatine and the rotj emperor. the character release seems redundant with 4 different sculpts. is ss milking us?

Not at all, they're simply offering every version of the character. And that's a good thing.

Hell, I'd even be down for an EPISODE I Senator version now as well.

I love the idea of "milking" us. As if we had no say in the matter.

No, I don't think the different version are redundant at all. This is actually just the 2nd Palpatine release (two releases, four heads seems like a pretty good deal to me!), and we're unlikely to see anymore, in my opinion, though I'd love to see a TPM version.

Palpatine looks VERY different from ROTS to ROTJ. If you look at a side-by-side, he looks like a totally different character!

Not at all, they're simply offering every version of the character. And that's a good thing.

Hell, I'd even be down for an EPISODE I Senator version now as well.

I'd also take Ep2 Chancellor, I really like that costume.

Also, kudos to Sideshow, the Sidious sculpt has the clean, uniform look to the disfigurement where the Emperor has the sort of sloppy, asymetrical look of ROTJ, they could have recycled but instead we get 2 properly distinct portraits.

Wow, I'm actually surprised the exclusive is available... I remember it being a very fast sell-out :huh

Oh well, mine won't be going anywhere and I'm sure it will sell out before too long. Especially once more start arriving in collectors hands.

For some it could be maybe but since we have no timetable for when the PF will be out I don't put much stock into it hurting it all that much.

I can easily see it hurting sales of this, people have already been dropping the throne not knowing when the figure'd ship, then before he ships we hear about the PF. If people are planning to get this essentially for the Emperor sitting on the throne and find a PF even more alluring than a 1/6 figure, especially since the PF will have lights, 2 portraits like this and be posable, then even if it takes another year plus to come out, if they're on a fixed budget, they'll cancel the figure now because they know what they really want is going to be made.

If we just had a Q&A reference to the PF, I could see that having little impact, but we got a lot of detail on the PF from SDCC and it's pretty well underway, certainly enough information to make people who'd rather a PF pass on this figure and wait.

Timing's always a factor too, if this shipped before SDCC, maybe it'd be a differenct story, but with all the new announcements of late from Sideshow and Hot Toys, there's a lot of competition for people's money.

Back