SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why......?
Date for the weekend. Duh.
Hey!? How'd you know?. Well, I am going on a date....sort of. Wife and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary this weekend. And I'm also getting ready to go back to work. Not that I'm a big contributor to the boards but on be on here even less then I already am.
So, why do I want it by Friday? This will be the last figure I'll really be able to enjoy and play with.

So excited. We've come a loooong way.

VintageEmperor.jpg

I personally love the first POTF2 Palpatine from the 90s most of the 4" scale and I find it sad all the Emperor figures since it have been subpar to it.

The only thing I don't like about the POTF2 Emperor is that his clothes have no detail, and look like smooth plastic. If I could take his head out from under his hood and put it on TPM Darth Sidious or something similar, I would.

The only thing I don't like about the POTF2 Emperor is that his clothes have no detail, and look like smooth plastic. If I could take his head out from under his hood and put it on TPM Darth Sidious or something similar, I would.

Fine details are lcking, but the portrait, pose and overall look capture him so well.

To me, the best Emperor/Sidious figures are.

potfemperorfront.jpg

#2/#3 (tie, there's things I don't like about each, neither really wins)

e1darthsidiousfrontarmsin.jpg

rots0512palpatinefront.jpg

That's judging ones of him in the Sith robes, not in any senator/chancellor garbs.

This one gets honorable mention.

POTF2cs-fjdthronefr.jpg

Of the modern ones, yeah the POTF2 is my favorite. Details are soft, but the silhouette is dead on. The vintage Emperor is relatively cheap to come by. I got one in a sealed baggie for $10 some years ago.

Yeah, I'm referring to ability to properly represent the character, other than details being soft, they really hit it perfectly with the very first of the new figures, and some of the ones since have just been horrible.

To me, this is THE worst.

sw0330emperorfront.jpg

This one's not far behind either.

swevol_SITHempfront.jpg

That freaky Saga one with the oversized sculpted hood looks like a bad case of oversculpting. I've never warmed up to that abomination ever.

A bit offtopic, but I like the cut robed legs of the vintage Emperor and others. It's a straightforward solution to articulating robed characters. If I had to choose between a salt shaker or ugly soft goods, I'll take the cut robed legs.

Yeah, I'm referring to ability to properly represent the character, other than details being soft, they really hit it perfectly with the very first of the new figures, and some of the ones since have just been horrible.

To me, this is THE worst.

sw0330emperorfront.jpg

This one's not far behind either.

swevol_SITHempfront.jpg

It's been a long long time since I collected 3 3/4" figs. About 10 years now. I don't know the above at all.

I still have 12-15 gigantic boxes stuffed to the brim with carded figs from 1995 to about 2000. The madness of collecting the chase figs and .00's, etc, was pure insanity. Now what the heck do I do with all those figs?

Back