SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the best Emperor/Sidious figures are.

potfemperorfront.jpg

Yep, one of my all-time Hasbro favorites!!
;rock!

Yeah, I'm referring to ability to properly represent the character, other than details being soft, they really hit it perfectly with the very first of the new figures, and some of the ones since have just been horrible.

To me, this is THE worst.

sw0330emperorfront.jpg

Yeah, that thing is dreadful!!!

This one's not far behind either.

Actually this one isn't too bad...
what kills it is the crappy robe...
I replaced it with Maul's accessory pack robe, and though it's not very accurate it looks absolutely kick-ass... I'll try to snap a pic of it and share it here...

That freaky Saga one with the oversized sculpted hood looks like a bad case of oversculpting. I've never warmed up to that abomination ever.

It took me a while to figure out, but I came to the conclusion that the hood is meant to go with the half lightning accessories to be like when Vader's holding him up, the hood's like it's falling back and off him almost, but then I wonder, what point is there to making a figure look like he does for less than a minute of the movie and one of the worst moments for him :lol

Just bought the Throne from fellow board member and pics dont do it justice. Really sharp looking...excellent colors to the thing. Hope Emperor is half as impressive!

anaMatt;2799479]Just bought the Throne from fellow board member and pics dont do it justice. Really sharp looking...excellent colors to the thing. Hope Emperor is half as impressive![/QUOTE]

Yah, it's pretty nice, I have to say.

As to the 3 3/4" figures, I definitely have to go with the original POTF2. Nothing else has come close, though they do keep trying. I also like the lightening hands version that came out around Ep1.

Still think the first POTF2 one is pretty good - wish they would update one to look like it, but more SA and whatnot

Does anyone have a pic of the SS Emperor next to Vader or a Stormie? Want to see how much shorter he looks......concerned he'll be too short

I still have 12-15 gigantic boxes stuffed to the brim with carded figs from 1995 to about 2000. The madness of collecting the chase figs and .00's, etc, was pure insanity. Now what the heck do I do with all those figs?

Make a fort out of them?

Sell them for the value of the recycled cardboard content?

Cover every square inch of the walls in one room to act as sound-proofing?

See how tall of a tower you can make by stacking them one on top of the other?

Burn them as a cheap (given the current value) alternative fuel source?

Trade them for all those McFarlane figures you were unable to get?

Donate them to charity, and mark them at the retail value, thereby getting a huge tax-credit?
(Actually that's not a bad idea...)

And really with donations you are able to set the price and I've been told by the donations people to put it around retail even if its been used.

The only downside is spreading the "Lucas collectibles" disease to all those innocent children in the hospital.

I can see them now; "to hell with the surgery, Mom, I need the .00 Ben on the red card with the short saber tray to be complete".

Man, kids are too consumed with tweeting and text messaging to look up and notice what is in front of them :lol

I won't say they are smarter (as studies seem to indicated the opposite effect) but technology is much better at filling the hole that collectibles had to in the past :lol

I'd love a modern, more detailed version of this sculpt.

But Hasbro is too stuck on ruining figures with "soft goods" in order to make them more play friendly.

:lecture :goodpost:

That's exactly what I was going to say. It's amazing how the first POTF2 Emperor is STILL the best version they've done to date. In 10 years, the first one is still the best. I can't understand Hasbro's insistence on soft goods. I don't collect them anymore, but I think the only soft goods figure I ever purchased was the VOTC Vader. . . and one of those Jabba's Palace Lukes, but I never put the cloak on him, cuz it looked stupid.

Back