SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the price of the Throne would have been a good price for both it AND the Emperor figure together.

Sideshow is most definitely milking this license and squeezing blood from a stone with the prices now. So far, it hasn't really come back to haunt them. But a few more barebones figures at high-end prices...

wambulance_logo.jpg

If their goal is to sell at Hot Toys prices then they not only have to rise to Hot Toys quality, but surpass it. I don't see that happening. SSC had a nice niche as an affordable high end collectible figure company, now they have moved out of that arena, and hopefully someone like Amok Time will raise their quality and slide into that spot.

If their goal is to sell at Hot Toys prices then they not only have to rise to Hot Toys quality, but surpass it. I don't see that happening. SSC had a nice niche as an affordable high end collectible figure company, now they have moved out of that arena, and hopefully someone like Amok Time will raise their quality and slide into that spot.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Oh man that had me in stitches.

At this point, any officer released other than Tarkin or Veers (who'll be a total fail without ATAT drivers or snowtroopers) will be a warehouse warmer.

Officers could be visually interesting display pieces IF Sideshow steps up their game to Hot Toys level. I purchased Piett to complement Vader. However, I was quickly disappointed and frustrated by the ill tailoring of the uniform and the misshapen hat. The tailoring of the uniform should look crisp with square shoulders. Piett's jacket always looks rounded and frumpy no matter how much futzing you put into it. Of course the Pro body underneath doesn't help matters.

It was listed as sold out though, I would think that means all orders have shipped, and even if a few were returned for some reason, I'd imagine those would be quick WL conversions, but not get him back in stock on the site. Very strange how back and forth this has been.

This line has gotta be on the decline. A few yrs ago there woulda been no hope of him being in stock like over and over.

With all the rampant caviling taking place herein, I'm surprised Sideshow doesn't simply leave the license solely with Hasbro once again.

Back