SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any of the ROTS look in these at all, I think Tim did a great job capturing all of the subtle features that distinguish the ROTJ prosthetics from ROTS.

I don't see any of the ROTS look in these at all, I think Tim did a great job capturing all of the subtle features that distinguish the ROTJ prosthetics from ROTS.

i think you are both right... ROTJ was very darkly lit, and the Emperor's features were not as jarring... but if you look back at stills, one sees that they were there non the less.

The difference between ROTS and ROTJ is startling. I would believe you if you told me they were two completely different
palpeyes.jpg
actors.
Palpatine03.jpg

Yah. The more I look at the stills, the less convinced I am of the sculpt. Still looks good, but not as close as it should have been.

Yah. The more I look at the stills, the less convinced I am of the sculpt. Still looks good, but not as close as it should have been.

Well, it's very much an "eye of the beholder" thing with any sculpt, but, having looked at the Emperor as much as I have, I am VERY happy with the sculpt and I think it looks a good 90% like the subject.

Well, it's very much an "eye of the beholder" thing with any sculpt, but, having looked at the Emperor as much as I have, I am VERY happy with the sculpt and I think it looks a good 90% like the subject.

Agreed, if the sculpt weren't there, I couldn't have gotten the photos I have.

I will say, I can understand the sculpt being iffy for some because once you see it outside of ROTJ-esque lighting, it's something no one's ever seen outside of collectibles, there aren't photos of McDiarmid in that makeup under more common house lighting. At least with non-hooded, normal human faces we get m/ore variety of reference to compare too, but not ROTJ Palpatine.

From the pictures I've seen so far, the new sculpt has what's essential in the difference between the two. It has a much longer and thinner appearance. ROTS Palpatine's face was still relatively taut.

I almost had a chance to know first hand because UPS delivered a day early. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until it was too late for me to be home. I did luck out though because the 10:30-2:00 box :)yess:) was checked on the slip so I won't have to wait all day.

I concur with Mikey, the sculpt is a veritable reproduction of the make-up utilized in ROTJ. I, however, much prefer the ROTS version. I hope Sideshow revisits it someday.

Back