SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

Don't get me wrong, I play with my toys too, just, having the same ornaments, I never thought of doing that and pictured you making little lightsaber noises standing in front of your Christmas tree. :lol

I pose and repose and futz with my toys but it's been a long ass time since I've spoken for them "I am your father"...."no, that can't be true... that's impossible"

What's so different about that versus the subtle differences between the ANH and ESB Luke hilts.

Luke ROTJ V1:
jedsab.JPG

Luke ROTJ V2:
lsrotj2_2.jpg

MR's replica of the V2:
mrsw171_3.jpg

But, 'nam is right... what are the chances Sideshow would think to do it?

What's so different about that versus the subtle differences between the ANH and ESB Luke hilts.

Do you want a cookie too? :lol

I pose and repose and futz with my toys but it's been a long ass time since I've spoken for them "I am your father"...."no, that can't be true... that's impossible"

Yeah, try asking for tail from the wifey after getting caught doing that! :lol

I think the most awkward moment I've had in that vein was when a huge shipment of Sideshow came in and she was feeling anxious. I had everything opened and unpacked, checking for breakage, wrong parts, etc. I said something like, "Gimme a sec to clear my toys off the bed." :lol

Do you want a cookie too? :lol

Already had one :lol, but really, I never expected them to go to the level of creating unique sculpts for Luke's first Saber hilt and even Anakin's.

mr-lukeanh-ee-15.jpg

mr-luke-esb-sig9.jpg

Even at 1:1 scale, the differences require a hard look to really spot, you'd probably never even notice or care at 1/6, but they did it.

Already had one :lol, but really, I never expected them to go to the level of creating unique sculpts for Luke's first Saber hilt and even Anakin's.

mr-lukeanh-ee-15.jpg

mr-luke-esb-sig9.jpg

Even at 1:1 scale, the differences require a hard look to really spot, you'd probably never even notice or care at 1/6, but they did it.

Different characters though. But Irish gets my point. I'd really be surprised if they went that far. Likely, again, as we've already speculated, it'll be the shackles or the cane. The saber hilt would make more sense if the throne had an exclusive, than the Emperor having that as his.

If you use Thrawn as a template, then there won't be an exclusive accessory. The throne is the exclusive, along with the exclusive $150 mark-up.

If you use Thrawn as a template, then there won't be an exclusive accessory. The throne is the exclusive, along with the exclusive $150 mark-up.

So as MF's already brought up, why the PPO? Unlike Thrawn, the throne isn't Palps' exclusive, it's being sold separately (or at least that's what it said in the announcement).

Different characters though. But Irish gets my point. I'd really be surprised if they went that far. Likely, again, as we've already speculated, it'll be the shackles or the cane. The saber hilt would make more sense if the throne had an exclusive, than the Emperor having that as his.

True, I'm so set on getting the whole package I forget that for many it'll just be the Emperor, and for him, the hilt would be fairly lame, though you could do the "much like your father's" pose, which in the film at least is a cool moment for the character, but for a figure fairly weak.

I think Sideshow should just post something tonight to ease our suffering.

True, I'm so set on getting the whole package I forget that for many it'll just be the Emperor, and for him, the hilt would be fairly lame, though you could do the "much like your father's" pose, which in the film at least is a cool moment for the character, but for a figure fairly weak.

I think Sideshow should just post something tonight to ease our suffering.

Are you kidding? They're laughing at us!

For me, it'll be reposting the same image over and over like I did with Sidious :lol It was one shot thought that just really captured how well the sculpt was done, some of the other photos were questionable but one portrait shot looked almost like a shot out of ROTJ and I couldn't get past it, I was so excited.

For me, it'll be reposting the same image over and over like I did with Sidious :lol It was one shot thought that just really captured how well the sculpt was done, some of the other photos were questionable but one portrait shot looked almost like a shot out of ROTJ and I couldn't get past it, I was so excited.

Pictures are up in the Production Blog

Back