SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

you guys have lost me....:google

Well, Indy came with 2 portraits non exclusive, so we COULD have our cake and eat it too. Two portraits, lightning hands and an Ex. Luke saber hilt.

Did Sideshow end their rule about never using an exclusive item for a regular figure? If they are still doing that, then Luke's lightsaber hilt is out of the question as an exclusive piece.

On a side note, this actually has me wondering if Grievous is going to come without a blaster seeing as how Obi-Wan Kenobi got it as his exclusive accessory.

Did Sideshow end their rule about never using an exclusive item for a regular figure? If they are still doing that, then Luke's lightsaber hilt is out of the question as an exclusive piece.

On a side note, this actually has me wondering if Grievous is going to come without a blaster seeing as how Obi-Wan Kenobi got it as his exclusive accessory.

As far as I know, yes, that policy is still in place. The only time I've seen it sort of broken was the mold for an Ex. hand for Legolas was reused for a beard scratching hand with old Ben, but that's separate lines.

Also, Luke's hilt that some of us are referring to as an Ex. option is a distinct look and design, subtle like the differences between his Episode 4 and 5 hilts, but enough it wouldn't be identical to the Jedi Luke item.

Last edited:

:lecture:lecture:lecture I wonder if they'll do the cane as the Ex. Or like the Imperial officers, maybe there won't even be an Ex.

Has there ever been a PPO figure that wasn't an Ex. version?

So what then? Alternate teeth-gritting head with attachable lightning? SS's been on the cheaper side (excluding Thrawn's chair) as far as Ex's go, which is why I'm thinking it might be the cane.

So what then? Alternate teeth-gritting head with attachable lightning? SS's been on the cheaper side (excluding Thrawn's chair) as far as Ex's go, which is why I'm thinking it might be the cane.

For those who decide not to buy the throne the cane will be, assuming there's no force lightening, the main way to pose and display him. Just can't see it being the EX.

For those who decide not to buy the throne the cane will be, assuming there's no force lightening, the main way to pose and display him. Just can't see it being the EX.

They made Tuna's staff and Smuggler Han's normal blaster exclusives. :huh

Cane's an option, but seems too relevant to the character, I can't think of any Ex. that's ever been so relevant to the piece it comes with, the closest would be Qui-Gon's poncho, but it was an accessory to give an alternate display option, it wasn't a needed item for Qui-Gon in his Jedi garbs.

My guess is, some sort of unique hand(s), alternate Luke hilt, alternate portrait, or Luke's binders. There's nothing else he comes in contact with, and there's nothing like Bib Fortuna where you could make a 1/6 Kenner concocted accessory. I would have thought, given that they made the throne, it would have been the Ex. item, it's really puzzling what an Ex. for ROTJ Emperor could be if not his throne, but i can't see much sense doing a PPO unless there was an exclusive.

Han's normal blaster exclusives. :huh

I can't even remember at this point because I got the Ex. so I had them both, but wasn't that a production slip up, it was marketed that the alternate pistol was the Ex. but the way it shipped was the regular?

I don't think so. If there's no limited exclusive a PPO seems pointless.

I also don't think the cane will be the exclusive. The Emperor is so light on potential accessories as it is, he pretty much has to come with the cane standard.

I don't think so. If there's no limited exclusive a PPO seems pointless.

That's my guess and I can't see the Emperor being super limited, it's one of the more important and desired characters they could make, so wouldn't make sense for it to be PPO just because there's a small ammount of him being made, regardless of accessories.

I can't even remember at this point because I got the Ex. so I had them both, but wasn't that a production slip up, it was marketed that the alternate pistol was the Ex. but the way it shipped was the regular?

I remember hearing it was an error on the website listing the Greedo Killer as the Ex. Good guess on the binders though. it'd be consistent with ANH Leia's Ex. I'd say it's either those or the cane.

Cane's an option, but seems too relevant to the character, I can't think of any Ex. that's ever been so relevant to the piece it comes with, the closest would be Qui-Gon's poncho, but it was an accessory to give an alternate display option, it wasn't a needed item for Qui-Gon in his Jedi garbs.

My guess is, some sort of unique hand(s), alternate Luke hilt, alternate portrait, or Luke's binders. There's nothing else he comes in contact with, and there's nothing like Bib Fortuna where you could make a 1/6 Kenner concocted accessory. I would have thought, given that they made the throne, it would have been the Ex. item, it's really puzzling what an Ex. for ROTJ Emperor could be if not his throne, but i can't see much sense doing a PPO unless there was an exclusive.

Storm Shadow's nunchucks.... :mad: But that's another conversation for another day.....

I remember hearing it was an error on the website listing the Greedo Killer as the Ex.

I just remember that when orders were placed, the Ex. made sense and was passable for a lot of people and then when it shipped, it was a mess because people weren't getting the gun they expected and cared about.

Storm Shadow's nunchucks.... :mad: But that's another conversation for another day.....

I haven't followed the Joe line, just Star Wars, Indy and LOTR, though come to think of it, you could argue the Elven cloaks as being pretty relevant, I think of them on that fine line like Qui-Gon's poncho, it's key for a particular look from the film, but they don't hurt the figure if you don't have them like a signature weapon or item like a can used to walk around a fair ammount of your time in the film.

I just remember that when orders were placed, the Ex. made sense and was passable for a lot of people and then when it shipped, it was a mess because people weren't getting the gun they expected and cared about.

Which is when they stated that there'd been a website error listing the Greedo Killer as the Ex when it should've been Han's regular blaster. Though, the other way around would've made more sense. But Flosi's right about SS's nunchucks. Same with Duke's Binocs. Both are exclusives that for a fair chunk, are crucial to the figures. Sideshow could just as easily argue that the Emperor didn't have his cane when shocking Luke so that's still a possibility.

Back