SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
854ba8096262b0967dbdb6da61960f92.jpg

Found a good bronze age belt for him from the dc direct figure.

the hasbro 12 inch fao schwarz history of batman and the batman v catwoman ,has a couple of different style bat belts,that could be used for this figure perhaps ,this is from the 70s figure from the history set ,
20141118_125034_zps2pjaiyeu.jpg

the hasbro 12 inch fao schwarz history of batman and the batman v catwoman ,has a couple of different style bat belts,that could be used for this figure perhaps ,this is from the 70s figure from the history set ,
20141118_125034_zps2pjaiyeu.jpg

I was thinking of those also. I don't have them anymore. looks pretty good.

20141118_134934_zpsbgvyjgsu.jpg

yeah they look a little more detailed in hand than the picture shows ,not much but a little lol ,or theres the old mego 12 and a half magnetic batman belt
looks great but its old and hard to find and probably expensive ,maybee theres a repro of it available ,not sure if doc mego has them
20141118_163556_zpspojvuylz.jpg

I'm astonished that no one's making them as custom items, when you think of all the Indiana Jones custom belts, Ghostbusters stuff etc. A Neal Adams belt looks like it should be simple to make (for someone with the right skills) and I'm sure most people who own the SSC Batman would want to upgrade it.

This is the belt from the Medicom Jim Lee figure, with a little paint touch up. Best belt for this figure IMHO & way better than the stock one, it's more in scale with the figure:

Attachments

• SSC batman 0.JPG
    SSC batman 0.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 446
  • SSC batman 1.JPG
    SSC batman 1.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 438
  • SSC batman 2.JPG
    SSC batman 2.JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 434
  • SSC batman 3.JPG
    SSC batman 3.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 444
It's the buckle as to why noone is doing to many custom belts.. it's hard to find buckles like that.

I wasn't aware of that Medicom Batman before, and now I'm wondering whether to get it - the sculpt is amazing. Does anyone know whether the Batman head would look too small on a slim truetype?

The tonto figure belt has a similar buckle. Toy anxiety had it. All you need to do is remove it carefully from belt and spray paint yellow there is a guy I delt with that made custom batman belts let me see if I have his info.

Last edited:
The tonto figure belt has a similar buckle. Toy anxiety had it. All you need to do is remove it carefully from belt and spray paint yellow there is a guy I felt with that made custom batman belts let me see if I have his info.

That would be great - please PM me his info. Thanks.

I just messaged mike but I think there might need to be a lot of interest in them before he does it. He only makes the parts to make it so it's up to you to get yellow vinyl. I recommend when you do also get cellphone double stick tape. And that way just fold back fabric and tape it down. So you don't have stitches.

People with DCD batman belt can you show reverse of belt so they can see what I mean.

You can buy yellow vinyl fabric on eBay.

Here's another belt that can work with some mods. DC Super heroes 9 inch Batman belt. Just needs a peice added to the back to lengthen it to fit.

Also found a better belt for My DCD Robin I'm converting to a TTM 19 body.
this one is from the Batman And Robin Golden Age 9 inch 2pk Like the batman belt just need to be lengthened a bit.

Here's another belt that can work with some mods. DC Super heroes 9 inch Batman belt. Just needs a peice added to the back to lengthen it to fit.

Also found a better belt for My DCD Robin I'm converting to a TTM 19 body.
this one is from the Batman And Robin Golden Age 9 inch 2pk Like the batman belt just need to be lengthened a bit.

May want to take in seams on vest it looks baggy on robin.

Back