Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official Sideshow Batman PF

Yup, it's just a hair smaller.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the unfixed pits also make the upper body, especially the shoulders, look larger than they are which probably makes the head look smaller as well.

:exactly: great point Kris

Last edited:
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

The head seems to be very slightly smaller than the original ones. What I think comes to play here is that the body of the PF is so exaggerated and musculated. With this head, this seems even more evident. But I like the Jim Lee head a lot, and I think it compliments the pose a great deal...

I agree totally, and while I think these customs are exquisite, they are just a tad on the small side (at least the Lee head as that's all I've seen on the body). I even thought the "stock" heads that came with him were a little small for his gargantuan body. That was some of the inspiration for me to to do my own custom just a little larger than the original...

For me it brings the proportions in a little more believable.

I'm not knocking these customs in any way, quite the opposite! It's really awesome for us to have all these choices, let's see some more!

wow I can't believe how many pages of posts are here for this thread. This Batman and Poison Ivy were my first two sideshow statues.

I was working on Batman Dark Knight at the time (the comic with David Finch) so it was a must have to pick these up.(I regret a little not picking up the joker...but I was on a budget and realistically limited with space at home to display them)

I just joined up today...but very excited to meet other sideshow fans and collectors!

My goal this summer is to completely remodel my home studio/office and get my statues properly displayed.(I'll post pics as I work on it)

Richard Friend~

wow I can't believe how many pages of posts are here for this thread. This Batman and Poison Ivy were my first two sideshow statues.

I was working on Batman Dark Knight at the time (the comic with David Finch) so it was a must have to pick these up.(I regret a little not picking up the joker...but I was on a budget and realistically limited with space at home to display them)

I just joined up today...but very excited to meet other sideshow fans and collectors!

My goal this summer is to completely remodel my home studio/office and get my statues properly displayed.(I'll post pics as I work on it)

Richard Friend~

:welcome:fireworks

I agree totally, and while I think these customs are exquisite, they are just a tad on the small side (at least the Lee head as that's all I've seen on the body). I even thought the "stock" heads that came with him were a little small for his gargantuan body. That was some of the inspiration for me to to do my own custom just a little larger than the original...

Is that your custom work on the right hand side Tomato? Massive congrats bro...that's really impressive :clap any more pics of it on the actual body?

Is that your custom work on the right hand side Tomato? Massive congrats bro...that's really impressive :clap any more pics of it on the actual body?

Yeah that is Tomato's own work, and it looks AWESOME on the body.

]
P1040113_zpsf208784c.jpg

Nope... It is smaller you can see it here.

Hmm.. Now that Chris posted the comparison pics, it does look a 'bit' smaller.

Strange, it never looked like this when Kevin posted this pic. That's why I thought that the light (and the short ears) might be the reason...

Dark_Spidey said:

Still, these (sculpts) are pretty awesome options for more / diverse display choices. Looking forward to the Jones' on the body to take a final call on it.

Thanks Roberto! Yes that's my attempt, you can see more pics if you go back to around page 1924 and up. And thanks for posting that pic Spidey!!!

Here's a few if you don't want to go back and look :)

Hmm.. Now that Chris posted the comparison pics, it does look a 'bit' smaller.

Strange, it never looked like this when Kevin posted this pic. That's why I thought that the light (and the short ears) might be the reason...

Still, these (sculpts) are pretty awesome options for more / diverse display choices. Looking forward to the Jones' on the body to take a final call on it.

Don't worry. If you look at my other pictures from the same post as the comparison shots, it looks awesome! Right now, the Jim Lee head is my absolute favorite! But I'm also in the middle of reading Hush. :)

I was going to pick up the Jim Lee head but decided to pass since I already have a 1/4 Jim Lee Batman

Does this PF fit inside of a Detolf? I don't own either but ideally I would want to put it in one.

Thanks Roberto! Yes that's my attempt, you can see more pics if you go back to around page 1924 and up. And thanks for posting that pic Spidey!!!

Here's a few if you don't want to go back and look :)

]

looks great Tomato!! :clap this pic is my favourite!!!! If anything, I'd say your head was more in scale to the overall proportions of Batmans body compared to the Jim Lee headsculpt...still, both would make fantastic alternatives for display options...I'm still waiting on my 3 custom heads to arrive from Kevin which are the Lee, Kelly and Finch headscultps...plus the unmasked custom Canale headsculpt which I showed a pic of on the last page...so including Sideshows 2 heads, i'll be having 6 heads in total to choose from :yess: :lol

looks great Tomato!! :clap this pic is my favourite!!!! If anything, I'd say your head was more in scale to the overall proportions of Batmans body compared to the Jim Lee headsculpt...still, both would make fantastic alternatives for display options...I'm still waiting on my 3 custom heads to arrive from Kevin which are the Lee, Kelly and Finch headscultps...plus the unmasked custom Canale headsculpt which I showed a pic of on the last page...so including Sideshows 2 heads, i'll be having 6 heads in total to choose from :yess: :lol

Buy six pfs to display them all

Don't worry. If you look at my other pictures from the same post as the comparison shots, it looks awesome! Right now, the Jim Lee head is my absolute favorite! But I'm also in the middle of reading Hush. :)

Sounds good. :)

Hush, which one? TPB, HC, Absolute, Unwrapped, or the Kindle edition? :D

Back