Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

btw someone in another thread was trying to argue a 'who would win' between batman with no gadgets vs tarzan….omg I've never seen such a one-sided fight argued so vehemently in my life before.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

It'd be Batman. I can't believe that's even an argument

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

As far as I know, a cowl actually is in the process so watch this space. I'll update you as I get pics in. Also have the Finch, Kelly and Jim Lee heads still to come. Just waiting my turn to have them painted up by Kevin...can't wait :panic: : panic:

Looking forward! :) Or, if spazzy could make a right gauntlet 'holding' the Cowl!

Congrats on Thiago's sculpts Andy, they look awesome! About time you bought 3 more Bats to display all the HS! :wink1: :)

IMG_1407.jpg

This looks very very good Chris! :)

Did you go with a slightly darker blue tone for the cowl, as compared to the rest of the cape. Or, looks like it must be the light.

Fantastic work Kevin! :clap

Add me to the list of those who would love to see pics of the sculpts on the PF. :)

Here's a variant that works surprisingly well. Envy me! :pfft:

D2951168-AFBF-4080-A024-3AC9ED0D3483.jpg

:rock

It actually looks pretty awesome! :lol

I am so waiting for SS to start with the B:TAS line! It will be very difficult to pass any of them. :(

Last edited:

Agreed! I really like it. It's a bit more comic-ish, which I really like. And that extra base... That's so cool!

I've got one coming and I'm looking forward to it.

My only concern is that in some pics it looks a bit small for the body...do you notice that seeing it in person?

So what are you waiting for??? Go buy some clay and start sculpting. There is a massive learning curve, but it is a hell of a lot of fun. What is holding you back?.

:lol I wish I could bro but with two very young kids and a full time job, I hardly get any free time these days...:(

Looking forward! :) Or, if spazzy could make a right gauntlet 'holding' the Cowl!

Congrats on Thiago's sculpts Andy, they look awesome! About time you bought 3 more Bats to display all the HS! :wink1: :)
(

Thanks buddy :hi5: my friend got back to me last night and confirmed that the maskless Canal portrait will indeed include the cowl :yess: so that's gonna be really sweet! Yea, looking forward to getting my 3 heads...Kevin's trying his best to get through a backlog of orders but he's promised to do mine in the next few weeks so fingers crossed :pray:

My only concern is that in some pics it looks a bit small for the body...do you notice that seeing it in person?

Hey Kris, I actually thought this too...hope it's just the camera angle but it does look a tad small for his body :(

This looks very very good Chris! :)

Did you go with a slightly darker blue tone for the cowl, as compared to the rest of the cape. Or, looks like it must be the light.

The finish of the paint is slightly different than that of the original, and that's probably what can be seen. It's still dark with tints of blue on certain areas, like the original ones.

I'll take a few more pictures today. If the head is too small, I can say that I haven't noticed at all before you mentioned it. So if it is, it's hardly noticable.

Hey Kris, I actually thought this too...hope it's just the camera angle but it does look a tad small for his body :(

I'll take a few more pictures today, so you all can see it a bit better. It might be too small, but that's really not something I have noticed myself.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Those pics look a little better Chris. Certainly doesn't appear to be as small as first thought...looks good and can't wait for mine. What are your thoughts on the Lee head Chris?

Last edited:

Those pics look a little better Chris. Certainly doesn't appear to be as small as first thought...looks good and can't wait for mine. What are your thoughts on the Lee head Chris?

The head seems to be very slightly smaller than the original ones. What I think comes to play here is that the body of the PF is so exaggerated and musculated. With this head, this seems even more evident. But I like the Jim Lee head a lot, and I think it compliments the pose a great deal. I'm currently reading Hush, and it's perfect to have a Jim Lee Batman statue on the desk meanwhile. :)

The paint apps are not the same as the original, nor as the beautiful work by Kevin. But I find it very tolerable, so I don't plan to have it re-done. Generally, I'm very satisfied.

Wow he is super untanned :rotfl .... Looks good

It looks like the angle and the short ears are making the head sculpt look a tad smaller. Looking forward to see some pics of Kelley Jones' on the body.

Nope... It is smaller you can see it here.

Here are some more pictures of mine with some forms of comparison as well.

compare1.jpg

bats_compare.gif

Thanks for the comparison pics DC now I get what I have been seeing. The head looks smaller because, while the portrait is the same height as the Andy B head, the actual head is smaller. While the top of the two heads starts at the same place everything else on the Lee head is just a fraction of an inch higher; the nose, eyes, mouth, and chin are all compressed upwards. Also, you can see from the animated gif the head isnt as wide from front to back. I am guess it is also not quite as wide from side to side as all of these other compressed dimensions would probably looke awful if it wasn't. Now, I am not criticizing the sculpt at all, just stating why it is smaller. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It is just different is all.

Great purchase DC, I wish I could afford them all.

Last edited:
Official Sideshow Batman PF

Yup, it's just a hair smaller.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the unfixed pits also make the upper body, especially the shoulders, look larger than they are which probably makes the head look smaller as well.

I think it looks great. Certain angles look a bit small, but most angles look fine.

Can't wait to get mine!

Last edited:

Yup, it's just a hair smaller.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the unfixed pits also make the upper body, especially the shoulders, look larger than they are which probably makes the head look smaller as well.

I think it looks great. Certain angles look a bit small, but most angles look fine.

Can't wait to get mine!

Looks outstanding in those pics!

I think it looks great, and seeing as I have just started sculpting myself I can REALLY appreciate the talent that went into it. I really do wish I could afford them all.

Back