SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

And to get back on top, Josh posted this in his thread.

BH1.png

Would have pushed BH passed 11.

Problem with committed line of sight is you're limited to certain poses though. So as cool as that is, I understand why they didn't go that route.

____ that, a lot of different companies MAKE their own ____ and stick with it down the to the plastic buckles and MOLLE straps.

ACE, Toy Soldier, Hot Toys, Playhouse, and Soldier Story; THEY'RE ALL ASIAN COMPANIES that sell military gear but they make their OWN ____. Even though companies, at times, release the same holster they're STILL different.

So you're telling me it's okay for Sideshow to hire these manufacturers from CHINA to produce ____ created and developed by other companies?

That's bull____.

I don't think you know much about the 1/6 military side of this hobby or the history.
You are aware that the gear and weapons made in 1:6 scale by a variety of 1:6 companies are not licensed from the company that make the real full scale stuff.
So all these companies, ACE, Soldier Story, Toy Soldier, Hot Toys and even Sideshow are all guilty of making unauthorized models and don't have much a leg to stand on claiming some other 1:6 company stole their designs.
Besides that, it's quite possible that Sideshow bought the right to use an existing mold or pattern from another 1:6 scale company for their own stuff. I believe this has happened in the past.

I don't know what it is, but I am just not that jazzed on this one. Just hear me out before anybody gets bent out of shape. I just figure that you can start off with the 12 inch Beach Head hasbro figure, and rip off the head. Everything is just trivial after that. You can easily bash all of that stuff (with the exception of the crossbow maybe) after you find it on e-bay, or wherever you buy 1/6 stuff. Granted that stuff will probably add up to the price of this figure, but the saving grace is that there's a chance you already have half of that stuff laying around.
I have to admit I was super pumped when they first announced it, but upon seeing it, I just figured that I can make one that is equally as good.
I say this now, but I am pretty sure my broke ass will still buy it when it comes out.

In 99.9% of the cases, while the customs are awesome, customs < official release. I find it better to pick up the official release and customize that to my liking. Did it with SE, SS, and CC. The troopers were pretty much perfect. I'll be adding a ruck to Duke and swapping out the BDUs on Firefly but I can say honestly I think think Beach will be left as is. I couldn't bash a better one for less anyway and he's just about perfect.

In 99.9% of the cases, while the customs are awesome, customs < official release. I find it better to pick up the official release and customize that to my liking. Did it with SE, SS, and CC. The troopers were pretty much perfect. I'll be adding a ruck to Duke and swapping out the BDUs on Firefly but I can say honestly I think think Beach will be left as is. I couldn't bash a better one for less anyway and he's just about perfect.

Not always, SS Firefly < Everyones custom.

Back