SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock boots do look fine. But it'd also be nice to have the extra articulation from the cloth boots.

I can understand that, but it's pretty much a non-issue. Most companies use sculpted boots anyway. In all the figures I've bought from HotToys, the only figures they released that had cloth boots were the Secret Service duo. Even their latest, the Terminator figures, have sculpted boots. To me it just gives a more polished finish vs. most cloth boots, which have one aspect or another that didn't translate well to 1:6 or if they do, are too fragile. Not sure of the brand, but I had a pair for my Punisher custom that looked beautiful. Unfortunately, tightening the laces, the sides ripped rendering them all but useless. So he's got sculpted boots now.

mmmmm?

sideshow-duke-01.jpg

elvis1976 - I like SSC's equipment better. But the portrait you have on your custom kicks all kinds of ass.

Did we ever get any hi-res images of this figure? I would really like to get a more close-up look at it.

LOL...in the 360...Duke has a bad case of droopy drawers. He almost looks like one of the knuckleheads I see running around with their pants hanging off their asses.

And one more thing...I think that it is a cool detail to be able to remove the name tags...but I wonder WHY they are removeable.

elvis1976 - I like SSC's equipment better. But the portrait you have on your custom kicks all kinds of ass.

LOL...When I re-read this post...it sounded a little more abrasive than I meant it to be. I figure you understood it, but make no mistake...despite my preference...that custom Duke rocks from head to toe.

Did we ever get any hi-res images of this figure? I would really like to get a more close-up look at it.

LOL...in the 360...Duke has a bad case of droopy drawers. He almost looks like one of the knuckleheads I see running around with their pants hanging off their asses.

And one more thing...I think that it is a cool detail to be able to remove the name tags...but I wonder WHY they are removeable.

Disavowment.

Back