SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disavowment.
LOL...that would be a pretty specific detail. I would think that would take some former military experience at Sideshow to think of that.

Look at Flint's shirt and you'll have your answer.

This must be going over my head. If you are meaning that it makes them interchangeable...and thereby cheaper to produce...it seems to me that it would be cheaper to just sew the tag on than to sew the velcro on and then add the tag, and do that to each figure.

Just the same...I like the touch.

LOL...that would be a pretty specific detail. I would think that would take some former military experience at Sideshow to think of that.

You never know. But with Joe being a secret organization, it'd make sense. Fall in battle, teammates rip off name tapes, flags and insignia. Proceed with mission and then if unable to hump the fallen, wrap him up in an incendiary and plan a recovery mission for the remains later (or go empty casket - but I'd like to think for the Joes, nobody gets left behind).

This must be going over my head. If you are meaning that it makes them interchangeable...and thereby cheaper to produce...it seems to me that it would be cheaper to just sew the tag on than to sew the velcro on and then add the tag, and do that to each figure.

Just the same...I like the touch.

I don't know what Khev meant either but something that's always annoyed me is that the Joes have their tapes and insignia reversed (goes back to the RAH 3 3/4 figures). Army tape goes over left breast and name over right and the jump wings and insignia go above the branch on the left. I might pick up extra shirts for Duke, Flint and whoever else, just to fix it and curb my OCD.

You never know. But with Joe being a secret organization, it'd make sense. Fall in battle, teammates rip off name tapes, flags and insignia. Proceed with mission and then if unable to hump the fallen, wrap him up in an incendiary and plan a recovery mission for the remains later (or go empty casket - but I'd like to think for the Joes, nobody gets left behind).

I don't know what Khev meant either but something that's always annoyed me is that the Joes have their tapes and insignia reversed (goes back to the RAH 3 3/4 figures). Army tape goes over left breast and name over right and the jump wings and insignia go above the name on the left. I might pick up extra shirts for Duke, Flint and whoever else, just to fix it and curb my OCD.

LOL...maybe Sideshow is having trouble getting the likeness rights from the U.S. Government.

I'll definitely be porting Duke over to a Soldier Story body.

Just a few pics I took at Comicon . . . . .

Comicon_2009_014.jpg

Comicon_2009_013.jpg

Comicon_2009_012.jpg

Looking forward to this figure. I still plan on using a Hot Toys TT body and add some cloth boots. Will definitely do the same for Flint.

I'd like to be able to hide the wrist joints somehow....maybe just unrolling the sleeves will solve this.

It's a non-issue for me. You could always just swap out the gloves or replace his hands with poseable ones and pick up a pair of cloth gloves.

Thanks, that will work. Truth is, when I finally have it hand, I probably won't care :)

Buy a Duke statue then.

Statues don't work to well for me. I like to move action figures around. I just like it when the joints are concealed.

Do statue action figures exist :confused: :D

No...the terms are mutually exclusive. "Statue" implies non-movement. "Action" figure implies movement. And we can't have movement without joints.

I know you knew that, Ski. The tutorial is for..."other" people who may not.:D

No...the terms are mutually exclusive. "Statue" implies non-movement. "Action" figure implies movement. And we can't have movement without joints.

I know you knew that, Ski. The tutorial is for..."other" people who may not.:D

I dunno. Wait until there's an earthquake. Plenty of Ski's statues will have an action "dive" feature. :p

Back