SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they only get regs.

I have mine coming from them as well. So maybe I'll get a shipping notice today. :rock

I have to admit since I have what I think is a far superior FF already on my shelf I am not very excited about this figure shipping. Got a "meh" feeling about it.

That is probably the feeling that all of us that have our own kitbash have. The thing for me is having the "official" one in hand. Though the more I think about it, the more I dont want it, or should I say, I dont need it. I just ordered a head from TA for my kitbash, so Im leaning towards selling my SS EX FF.

Customs are always nice but there's something to be said for having an official one that I'd rather have it.

Customs are always nice but there's something to be said for having an official one that I'd rather have it.

I usually feel like you do. And up until a couple of days I still felt like that, but now that Ive seen pics of FF in hand. I cant help but feel, as someones stated earlier, "meh" about it. This is the first time I've felt differently about having the "official" over a custom, and I think it's because I feel my custom, along with other's customs, is far superior. Of course its a matter of preference.

I usually feel like you do. And up until a couple of days I still felt like that, but now that Ive seen pics of FF in hand. I cant help but feel, as someones stated earlier, "meh" about it. This is the first time I've felt differently about having the "official" over a custom, and I think it's because I feel my custom, along with other's customs, is far superior. Of course its a matter of preference.

Thats the thing right there. I've had some really cool SW Custom clones but I much prefer the official ones and I've seen some really cool custom GI Joe figures but there's something for me in having the official one for me.

I didn't make a custom either, but I don't like the available BDU's, so I'm hoping I can turn the official one into something that will work as an idealized Firefly.

I still like this guy!

BTW AE sent out shipping notifications today and is sold out.

Also waitlisted on SS.

Looks black on TA's site and is listed as black. If I was wrong...that is where I got my info.

I still hope it is a dark enough grey to be useful as another trooper head.

Wont work unless you are going with a helmetless trooper, or you modify the FF head to fit the helmet. The FF head is bigger than the trooper's (officer's and sniper's). I just got the head and tried the sniper helmet on him and it doesnt look right.

I'm sort of the same way.... it's the completist that is overcoming me though :devil :banghead

Me too. I have to get my EX. It's funny though, since I've ported over and majorly customized all of my Joes, I don't plan on doing much to FF other than switch him to a TT.

Last edited:
Then you're waiting for a train that will never come.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ah5gAkna3jI&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ah5gAkna3jI&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

Elite™ or go home.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back