SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

proof

SSCFirefly.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Re: Sideshow Firefly question

Okay, granted they pulled the old switch-a-roo on us. But I gotta say that they came out with a very creative, and awesome design.
The one thing that I will never forgive Sideshow for is how they switched up old Snake Eyes (version 1). That had to be one of the worst I've seen. Awesome in the pics, with awesome clothing material and body. Then BAM, they screw us ROYALY. :slap

:lecture These words are true.

I take it you didn't play with ARAH in the 80's.
I've heard that before... :p

It's not a matter of nostalgia though. The original design for Firefly and what SSC eventually came up with are both cool in their own way (minus, again, those confounded gaiters), but the concept sketch seems to lie in an awkward middle-ground between the two.

Character hype will always dictate product demand. People went gaga over the JvC t-crotch Snakes and Storm 2-pack, and those figures sucked.

Truth is, Joe fans aren't too dissimilar fron SW nerds. Tell them something is rare and above all else they'll want it for the sake of having it.

Character hype will always dictate product demand. People went gaga over the JvC t-crotch Snakes and Storm 2-pack, and those figures sucked.

Truth is, Joe fans aren't too dissimilar fron SW nerds. Tell them something is rare and above all else they'll want it for the sake of having it.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that most of the owners actually like the figure so readily. :p

He looks exactly like one of the players in Call of Duty MW2 on the snow maps.

Re: Firefly?

If everyone hates this one so much why is it so hard to find one on the secondary market? :gah:

because they only produced 2,000 pieces (1,500 reg/500 ex)

in the grand scheme of toys,that is very low production,especially for a popular cobra character

Maybe for the first week or so...but after this long...I believe it is perfectly accurate to say that there are a small handful of GI Joe fans who simply want their Firefly to look like the old Hasbro 80's figure...but the huge majority find Sideshow's to be a badass interpretation.

Back