SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

sign the petition in my sig if you haven't yet.

Its not a complete fix to the figure, but I have to believe that its not too late to fix the mask anyway.

slightly off topic but...i am concerned that sideshow has now priced almost everything in the hot toys range. 80- is too much for these figures, 120- thats a joke?

I agree... but thats why I'm only getting the best! And This Firefly is awesome! :rock

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Can't remember the last time I saw a licensed figure from HT that had an MSRP of $120. :rolleyes:

only suckers pay msrp for hot toys stuff ;) (or SS for that matter /unless its a worthwhile exclusive)
got all my dark knight stuff for 110 max...

only suckers pay msrp for hot toys stuff ;) (or SS for that matter /unless its a worthwhile exclusive)
got all my dark knight stuff for 110 max...

Well then that kinda blows a fat hole your argument. You're pulling a JustinLuck comparing Sideshow's MSRP to discounted after market HT prices.

Well then that kinda blows a fat hole your argument. You're pulling a JustinLuck comparing Sideshow's MSRP to discounted after market HT prices.
not sure how, note:i didnt say hot toys prices were good but the quality is certainly more in line with its msrp...

not sure how, note:i didnt say hot toys prices were good but the quality is certainly more in line with its msrp...

Basically, a fair and appropriate comparison would be to weigh Sideshow's MSRP against their HT MSRP, not some discounted, aftermarket retailer/ebaY price. And anybody who owns a Joe will tell you, they're worth every penny.

Basically, a fair and appropriate comparison would be to weigh Sideshow's MSRP against their HT MSRP, not some discounted, aftermarket retailer/ebaY price. And anybody who owns a Joe will tell you, they're worth every penny.

no reason to argue with you, you can pay/overpay as much as ya like,
just curious, how high would be too much for you to pay for the next figure?

no reason to argue with you, you can pay/overpay as much as ya like,
just curious, how high would be too much for you to pay for the next figure?

It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with an accurate price comparison. As for how much I think is too much, it's a case by case basis. I felt $90 was too high a price for the bare bones offering that was Sideshow's Indy in German Disguise, so I passed. I also feel that with tax and shipping, non-exclusives, like the regular troops are best ordered from other online retailers. That said, I don't feel I'm overpaying here for the Firefly exclusive. With the quality, gear and accessories, it's much easier to dump $120 on a Firefly, than say $120 on a barebones Billy Sole.

The G. Psy. Chos may hate this figure as Firefly. But I think it is freakin' awesome no matter what name they slap on it! I am down for 2 Exclusives and a regular!

Approximately 315+ posts since on this thread since my last post, and it looks like the response is overwhelmingly negative.

I'm one of the few that like this figure; in fact, this one looks to be my favorite yet. Is it classic Firefly? No. Is the essence of Firefly maintained? IMO, yes. Despite the inaccuracy to the original RAH version, he still looks like the bada$$ saboteur I remember. With his gear, he looks like a one man demolition/wrecking crew.

Yes, the concept art was cool...but in Sideshow's defense, they did splash the Work In Progress caveat on there.

What I want to know, is who made the call to make him green? Seriously, how to they come to these decisions?
Its as if they are trying to bring in collectors of simple military figures and not Joe ones, and this was the best way to do that

Back