SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

D'oh...I forgot all about the PPO today. I went ahead and got on the waitlist.

Hopefully one with joints tighter than I got on my Storm Shadow.

I found the info about the new Pro upgraded bodies. Firefly will be on the 1.1 and Duke on the 1.2, so Firefly will be a little taller than the other guys and Duke will be even taller than that with broad shoulders. It doesn't look like these changes will fix the joint problems though.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=6838&affiliate=philipctr

The bodies still look really unnatural anatomy wise. They look like a series of sausage links tied together more than a body.

Still highly preferable to rubber bodies.

I don't like rubber bodies but I'll stick with a fairly unposeable rubber body that looks look (say on Hellboy) but with any of the bodies SSC has ever used keeping the SSC body is just not an option for me personally. The wrongness of the anatomy and the hang of the body drives me nuts. I also like to use 1/6 bodies as pose reference when drawing and any of the SSC bodies are useless for that.

I was pretty stoked when I heard they where developing a new body but was very disappointed with the final result. No better than the Buck, just has a different set of issues.

:rock Glad to see Andy back doing stuff with Sideshow!

That would indeed be a cool and much-welcome development. But I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that this is from an older sculpt he did for something else that was never used.

An IED exclusive. How lame.

:lol I think they meant IUD.

IUD%20history%20bmp.jpg

That would indeed be a cool and much-welcome development. But I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that this is from an older sculpt he did for something else that was never used.

Like what? I can't see this being used for something else. A Cobra Trooper maybe, but nothing before GI Joe.

Order Summary
Date Placed: 2009-11-30 18:00:36

Subtotal: $124.99
Tax (Est.): $10.31
Points Used: (2215) $110.75
Ship (Est.): $7.86
Grand Total: $32.41

26161.gif
G.I. Joe Collectibles Firefly 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version (1)

Back