SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

Got mine thanks to a fellow boardie, (thanks again Kuzeh!) wow sold out in 7 minutes huh? pretty good for a figure with so many complaints. COBRA!!
Goes to show that people will buy anything that is either a) an exclusive or b) has GI Joe on the box. . .I'm included in that group.

Also glad we finally got a Cobra figure to go against our horde of Joes.

I don't like rubber bodies but I'll stick with a fairly unposeable rubber body that looks look (say on Hellboy) but with any of the bodies SSC has ever used keeping the SSC body is just not an option for me personally. The wrongness of the anatomy and the hang of the body drives me nuts. I also like to use 1/6 bodies as pose reference when drawing and any of the SSC bodies are useless for that.

I was pretty stoked when I heard they where developing a new body but was very disappointed with the final result. No better than the Buck, just has a different set of issues.

Don't cash your chips in just yet, they're putting out newer versions of the body. Just about every company who goes through this, experiences issues such as this. At least there's been improvement with the Pro.

Goes to show that people will buy anything. . .I'm included in that group.

Also glad we finally got a Cobra figure to go against our horde of Joes.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol I've found myself starting to eyeball my 25th Anny 12" Joes to see if there's even a remotely minute bit of potential to turn them into a better looking piece (like the ROC Destro).

Were there any pics of the machine gun with the stock extended? Just noticed it had one.

FFApple.jpg

I believe he sculpted Duke's head. Correct?

Artists:

* Andy Bergholtz
* Heath Hammond
* Seth Rinaldi
* Jared Chapman
* Tim Hanson
* Tim Niver
* Bernardo Esquivel
* Jesse Lincoln
* Chadwick Andersen
* The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles

I have Flint and that's it for 12"

Flint's sculpt was too.... cartoony. Duke's sculpt wasn't half bad, neither was Grunt's, Rock'n'Roll's or Bazooka's. I just need to dig them out and see if the heads are big enough to fit with Sideshow's 1:6. I was in KD's thread today looking at his Joes and it's pathetic. The Cobra shelf is full, and the Joe one is just Snake Eyes. :( I have them all on one shelf, but now it's bugging me that the line is so lopsided ATM.

Flint's sculpt was too.... cartoony. Duke's sculpt wasn't half bad, neither was Grunt's, Rock'n'Roll's or Bazooka's. I just need to dig them out and see if the heads are big enough to fit with Sideshow's 1:6.

I just stopped myself with Flint, I was super close to SE and SS... but something inside didn't feel like RAH at the time I was in Wal-Mart :monkey2

I just stopped myself with Flint, I was super close to SE and SS... but something inside didn't feel like RAH at the time I was in Wal-Mart :monkey2

I'm just talking about head sculpts. Unfortunately, Snake Eyes' head is far too small to carry over and match the Sideshow line. From what I remember of Storm Shadow, it was very similar to Sideshow's.

Don't cash your chips in just yet, they're putting out newer versions of the body. Just about every company who goes through this, experiences issues such as this. At least there's been improvement with the Pro.

Trudat. Don't forget that Duke has new arms (or at least forearms...)

IMG_0833.JPG

Back