SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was Hawk in the comic series? Did he do a lot of field operations or just commanding? I mostly watched the cartoons and played with the figures growing up.

He was a huge part of the team, involved in every issue of the original comic series, the first 10 issues of the original marvel comics series, He was involved in a lot of plots and in full action, then when the cartoon came out, Duke who wasn't in the comic at first, until after the cartoon series went to the second mini series. Got to be in charge of the Joes while Hawk got promoted from commander to General.

Hawk's iconic cartoon look came from an earlier issue of the comic were the government wanted him to get back into action with the joes, after he became just a general that sat behind the desk in charge of the joes.

I know as a General he would just take command, but in the comic world, as a General did he do some field ops?

Most notable field op he was involved in was when he was part of the extraction / rescue team to rescue a rogue Ripcord and Snake Eyes in Cobra Island, circa issues 46-48 of the Marvel RAH series, I believe.

You dummys... it's spelled Thersday. :nono Sheesh.

You mean Thorsday? :rock:rock:rock

1. THORSDAY

THE DAY OF MEN DRINK BEER AND DON'T WEAR A SHIRT AND DO MAN STUFF

Thor gave his name to the Old English day Þunresdæg, meaning the day of Þunor, known in Modern English as Thursday. Þunor is also the source of the modern word thunder.

"Thor's Day" is Þórsdagr in Old Norse, Doresdak ðorestak in Northern Sami , Tuoresdag in Swedish- and Southern Sami ,Hósdagur in Faroese, except for Suðuroy, where it's called Tórsdagur, Thursday in English, Donnerstag in German (meaning "Thunder's Day"), Donderdag in Dutch (meaning Thunder day), Torstai in Finnish, and Torsdag in Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian.

The day was considered such an important day of the week that as late as the seventh century Saint Eligius reproached his congregation in Flanders for continuing their native practice of recognizing Thursday as a holy day after their Christianization.
IT'S THORSDAY I'M GOING TO GO PICK UP A 12 PACK AND SOME STEAK AND CELEBRATE.

*GRUNTING*

Every so often we get pics from Asia on a Sideshow product that is weeks away from stateside distribution. Its probably a rhetorical question, but just wondering why sometimes and sometimes not.

You haven't really answered that.

Its probably the rarity that an Asian poster here gets their hands on one.

Every so often we get pics from Asia on a Sideshow product that is weeks away from stateside distribution. Its probably a rhetorical question, but just wondering why sometimes and sometimes not.

You haven't really answered that.

Its probably the rarity that an Asian poster here gets their hands on one.

I've seen it with Star Wars, but usually the first Joe pics are from someone who lives close to Sideshow. :huh

I'm still waiting for onethousandmasks to post his pics.

He should have it by now if it shipped on Chewsday.

I'm still waiting for onethousandmasks to post his pics.

He should have it by now if it shipped on Chewsday.

Not really, UPS usually delivers in the late afternoon in my area. Since I have it delivered to work, I just hope it gets delivered before I leave.:pray: If not Im going to have to wait until next Tuesday to have it in hand. I'm taking vacation time until then.

I shouldn't of said anything until I had it in hand.

C'mon UPS, deliver Hawk on time to onethousandmasks!

Anybody check Pisstank to see if they have any pics? If I remember correctly, they were the first to have pics of Stalker.

He was a huge part of the team, involved in every issue of the original comic series, the first 10 issues of the original marvel comics series, He was involved in a lot of plots and in full action, then when the cartoon came out, Duke who wasn't in the comic at first, until after the cartoon series went to the second mini series. Got to be in charge of the Joes while Hawk got promoted from commander to General.

Hawk's iconic cartoon look came from an earlier issue of the comic were the government wanted him to get back into action with the joes, after he became just a general that sat behind the desk in charge of the joes.

Most notable field op he was involved in was when he was part of the extraction / rescue team to rescue a rogue Ripcord and Snake Eyes in Cobra Island, circa issues 46-48 of the Marvel RAH series, I believe.

Thanks, just wanted to know if he still has his skills after being a General behind a desk since he is decked out with fire power. If not they should of just given him a lap top and other communication equipment :lol

Back