SSC Greedo 1/6 Scum and Villainy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I caved on both and am fully prepared to be disappointed.
I don't think you'll be disappointed as I think the production will match the prototype. Maybe if they have loose bodies like some had issues with Mythos Boba and Skiff Lando... I'm only disappointed that I spent $560 for a couple of background aliens because I fell in love with a movie when I was seven...but that isn't Sideshow's fault... :)

I don't think you'll be disappointed as I think the production will match the prototype. Maybe if they have loose bodies like some had issues with Mythos Boba and Skiff Lando... I'm only disappointed that I spent $560 for a couple of background aliens because I fell in love with a movie when I was seven...but that isn't Sideshow's fault... :)
Hopefully! I grew up with the 90s POTF figures so I have way more nostalgia for OT than the prequels when it comes to action figures. If these turn out decently I will probably cut back or eliminate collecting prequel stuff, which has been *mostly* easy so far since I’ve found a lot of the head sculpts (ROTS Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace) to be misses for me anyway. Plus OT aliens in general are just way more visually interesting than all the various Jedi in similar robes.

Yeah, the Skiff Lando body wasn't great but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the original SSC Greedo. I think these will be decently made, yet very welcome figures. At least to me.

Yeah, I really also felt I had to support SSC in this. I did use a single coupon, but overall there was a feeling that I want them to release everything that's been teased so the cash had to flow. Not a good mindset I know, but to me this is what's been best about SSC even if they're channeling prices from the worst of SSC (beginning with Luke X-Wing's $240 pricepoint.)

Yeah, the Skiff Lando body wasn't great but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the original SSC Greedo. I think these will be decently made, yet very welcome figures. At least to me.
The Lando body wasn't the problem for me with that release - it was the unrecognizable super-dark skinned no-helmet head the figure came with. Still not sure who that cartoonish stranger was supposed to be (it didn't go to waste: I hollowed/dremelled that head out, ballooned it to make him look a bit more chubby and used it for a Endor Commando and it worked great - doesn't look like Lando as a Commando.)

Fortunately it's a helmet-on figure so I ended up quite happy with it, though I was disappointed to realize I still liked my custom Lando Skiff better than the two SSC Lando Skiff figures I'd just paid $$ for.:oops:

The non-helmeted head was unnecessary, as the full skiff guard is all anyone would want, and I like it a lot. The helmet free sculpt is strange, in that it doesn't really look like Williams, yet it's very nicely sculpted.

The non-helmeted head was unnecessary, as the full skiff guard is all anyone would want, and I like it a lot. The helmet free sculpt is strange, in that it doesn't really look like Williams, yet it's very nicely sculpted.
That turned out to be a good thing. :lol

53970911252_027871f56c_c.jpg

I was too slow / agonized for too long over the Exclusives and I just had to join the waitlists. I am not sure whether it is some kind of FOMO trick to coerce people into preordering (it will immediately convert) or true exhaustion of Exclusive units available (it will never convert and I'd rather purchase the non-Exs from Kit before the 28th of this month).

Thoughts anyone?
Thx.

I was too slow / agonized for too long over the Exclusives and I just had to join the waitlists. I am not sure whether it is some kind of FOMO trick to coerce people into preordering (it will immediately convert) or true exhaustion of Exclusive units available (it will never convert and I'd rather purchase the non-Exs from Kit before the 28th of this month).

Thoughts anyone?
Thx.

With Greedo it's a question whether or not you can live without blue milk...

ezgif-6-a4b391b3c0.gif

I wasn't fussed so am getting the regular from Kit.

Ponda Baba is completely different, because the exclusive hands are what he had in the cantina until Obi-Wan accidentally cut someone else's arm off. :monkey3

I haven't been paying close attention to this release but if it's only just gone to wait list and you signed up straight after that happened, there's a good chance it'll convert.

I could use the blue milk.
Do you guys think I will convert on any of the 2?
Thx.

Who knows?

People usually drop out, but then it's a matter of how many others got on the waitlist due to regret.

The Exclusives are a timed edition, but there's no actual numbered limit. Sideshow could always make more, or make more exclusive parts to shift unsold regulars.

whoever's on the WL before the order goes into production will likely get one. All SS has to do is up the order -- that is, if there's enough WL orders to fill each additional batch. They factory 'bump' orders probably have to be a fixed number, like say at least 150 or something like that, so if the WL orders are 350, then they could order another two "batches" and only 50 WL orders will not be fulfilled.

I don't know any of this, just guessing based on years of reading stuff on this around here.

Thoughts anyone?
Thx.
I think you’re safe, especially if you jumped on the WL within a few days. Also I don’t see it being mentioned much, but I’m pretty sure the Ponda exclusive figure not only comes with the extra hands but also a different second blaster and holster to hold it.

I could use the blue milk.
Do you guys think I will convert on any of the 2?
Thx.
Yeah I don't know what people are talking about - I find myself using cantina cups on all my cantina guys much more than I would have thought. A blaster in one hand and cup in the other just says "Star Wars cantina" more than anything else does.

And for me, I score another set of Greedo hands (the regular just comes with only three hands: two relaxed hands and right pistol-holding hand) that I can use on another Greedo. I'm planning to have multiple Greedos/Rodians: ANH hero pose, SWHS (with long no-pockets vest) and Beedo, then possibly a seated Greedo + table.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what people are talking about - I find myself using cantina cups on all my cantina guys much more than I would have thought. A blaster in one hand and gun in the other just says "Star Wars cantina" more than anything else does.

And for me, I score another set of Greedo hands (the regular just comes with only three hands: two relaxed hands and right pistol-holding hand) that I can use on another Greedo. I'm planning to have multiple Greedos/Rodians: ANH hero pose, SWHS (with long no-pockets vest) and Beedo, then possibly a seated Greedo + table.
If I were to do a cantina diorama I agree that the cup would be a key accessory. I've got more Detolf museum poses going at this point, but I do think Greedo leaned back, drinking and with his hand cautiously over his holstered blaster is a pose I can get with...

whoever's on the WL before the order goes into production will likely get one. All SS has to do is up the order -- that is, if there's enough WL orders to fill each additional batch. They factory 'bump' orders probably have to be a fixed number, like say at least 150 or something like that, so if the WL orders are 350, then they could order another two "batches" and only 50 WL orders will not be fulfilled.

I don't know any of this, just guessing based on years of reading stuff on this around here.
I haven't been paying close attention to this release but if it's only just gone to wait list and you signed up straight after that happened, there's a good chance it'll convert.
Who knows?

People usually drop out, but then it's a matter of how many others got on the waitlist due to regret.

The Exclusives are a timed edition, but there's no actual numbered limit. Sideshow could always make more, or make more exclusive parts to shift unsold regulars.
I think you’re safe, especially if you jumped on the WL within a few days. Also I don’t see it being mentioned much, but I’m pretty sure the Ponda exclusive figure not only comes with the extra hands but also a different second blaster and holster to hold it.
Ok. Understood. Thank you all for your input.

That turned out to be a good thing. :lol

53970911252_027871f56c_c.jpg
Han: I didn't know they were looking for somebody to lead this crazy attack.

Lando: You crazy? I wouldn't fly into that DS if they payed me, I'm sending Lobot disguised to look like me to do that, and am secretly going down with you all to teddy bear land, where it's safe!
\
92mq9q.gif

Last edited:
Back