SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Flash should have shiny spandex!
The problem with GL isn't the shiny spandex - it's the god-awful patterned spandex they used! ...well ONE of the problems!

Why should he? The comics I have, Flash's outfit isn't any more shiny than GL's.
To each their own. I think the pattern makes him more interesting looking. I like the fact that so far Bats, Supes, and GL all have different bodies, and their outfits look like different materials.
You won't be happy with SSC's Flash either, because all of the promo Flash's they've shown also have a textured spandex...

Got the figure. First impression: I hate the outfit. Not so much the material, but the cut. The outfit restricts the legs from opening no more than 1/4 of an inch maybe 1/2 an inch from the crotch. Forget any dynamic poses from this figure. And imo the head is too big for that body. I work late tonight, but I will try to take pics during my dinner break.

Last edited:
Some quick pictures. Sorry for the crappy pics, I am using the camera from work.

fmViXh.jpg

This is the widest stance you can make him do, with a little effort. The

vlyfOM.jpg

AmcdT4.jpg

This is the highest he can kick.
qbhfJE.jpg

SaNZCV.jpg

FMxfTW.jpg

Hjb737.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. That's terrible. Just terrible. Are you gonna keep it, masks?

At first I was very disappointed with it. For sure the figure does not warrant that price. But, after messing with him for a while, I decided to keep him. I am just going to get an outfit from Tony, and maybe get a Superman body. I think the head is too big, but it is a nice sculpt. I know a lot of freaks do not mind the size. To be honest, overall the figure is ok. It's a shame that the outfit kinda kills it, imo. I think Sideshow made a big mistake going with that fabric.

Sucks about the suit. It looks good, but too restrictive. Guess you have to apply some heat to get more dynamic poses.

Mine will be here friday.

I have a extra Bats body if needed.

The in-hand photos look good – the figure does look quite nice... just not £180 worth of nice! They would need to half the price to interest me!

So, SSC insists on using a fabric like this and calls it artistic interpretation despite fans saying they don't like it. Now hardly no articulation to the figure. I think once mine arrives, it is going back. They could have used a traditional style costume and it would have had plenty or articulation. Fail on SSC's part. This line is on life support. This figure will end up being deeply discounted.

Thanks OneThousandMasks for the pics and the summary!
For me, I was never going to spread his legs or have him kicking anyway (he's not Batman), so I'll still be happy with him! Glad the sculpt looks good, and I think they went with a decent shade of green.

So, SSC insists on using a fabric like this and calls it artistic interpretation despite fans saying they don't like it. Now hardly no articulation to the figure. I think once mine arrives, it is going back. They could have used a traditional style costume and it would have had plenty or articulation. Fail on SSC's part. This line is on life support. This figure will end up being deeply discounted.

SSC's use of the phrase "artistic interpretation" is a cop-out, and insulting to the fans who gave constructive criticism. It's the standard GL costume with awful patterned fabric, that's not "artistic interpretation" by any stretch of the imagination - just awful fabric.
The Marvel figures have been interpreted artistically, but not GL!

Back