SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but that is a poor excuse – the DC 13" Lantern and Sinestro came with light-up Lanterns, it's not a complicated thing at all... and they can still be picked up for considerably less money.
For the price this figure is being listed at, it should come with two heads at the very least, and probably another construct... in fact, bearing in mind what HT have done with Iron Man, for the price of this they could have probably made a fist with an actual light-up ring feature too.

I actually quite like how the figure's turned out, if it had been priced around the same as DAM figures - around £120, I would have bought him, but at the £180 it'd cost me over here in the UK - no thanks! I'll try and get the headsculpt loose, maybe the gloves and boots and then pick up a suit from the DC figure and bash my own.

Also DC Direct GL and Sinestro turned out great. Also last DC direct GL came with 3 heads. I bought him on eBay for 60.00. I have almost all of the 13" DC direct figures and I look forward to displaying them all together. Their kingdom come supes and justice batman are great looking figures.

I know some people have moaned about negativity – but honestly, the only DC figure negativity is for the GL figure... all the others have been fantastic... and that's the sad thing, because the other previewed figure - Flash - looked fantastic.

Yeah, I have noticed it gets more negativity than the others. Which, the figure itself isn't bad, but the lack of accessories and price tag are ridiculous. I preordered him and knocked off about forty bucks with rewards points, so to me that was a little more acceptable. I'm still holding out hope for them to at least toss some more Bat-villains, sidekicks, and a complete JLA before calling it quits with the line though.

Yeah, I have noticed it gets more negativity than the others. Which, the figure itself isn't bad, but the lack of accessories and price tag are ridiculous. I preordered him and knocked off about forty bucks with rewards points, so to me that was a little more acceptable. I'm still holding out hope for them to at least toss some more Bat-villains, sidekicks, and a complete JLA before calling it quits with the line though.

The Batfamily would draw me back in. Like you say they have looked fantastic thus far. Not prepared to pay the asking price on characters I have less of an attachment to. Shame as I was enthusiastic at first.

I really want a 1/6 Batgirl that looks identical to their PF statue. She's absolutely perfect.

The Batfamily would draw me back in. Like you say they have looked fantastic thus far. Not prepared to pay the asking price on characters I have less of an attachment to. Shame as I was enthusiastic at first.

I really want a 1/6 Batgirl that looks identical to their PF statue. She's absolutely perfect.

Batgirl is one of my bigger wants from the line too. I actually assumed by now we'd see her, Supergirl, and Poison Ivy. Not sure why but I just assumed those three would pop up early in the line's lifecycle. They seem like characters Sideshow enjoys doing. I keep holding out hope for a complete Batfamily from this line. Nightwing, Robin (more modern look, no shorty shorts), and Batgirl are my most wanted, but I'd love to see a Red Robin, Red Hood, Supergirl, Superboy, Lex Luthor, and that Flash they showed a proto of make it out eventually.

Batgirl is one of my bigger wants from the line too. I actually assumed by now we'd see her, Supergirl, and Poison Ivy. Not sure why but I just assumed those three would pop up early in the line's lifecycle. They seem like characters Sideshow enjoys doing. I keep holding out hope for a complete Batfamily from this line. Nightwing, Robin (more modern look, no shorty shorts), and Batgirl are my most wanted, but I'd love to see a Red Robin, Red Hood, Supergirl, Superboy, Lex Luthor, and that Flash they showed a proto of make it out eventually.

Robin's the one for me - really hope they make him... but personally I do want the shorty-shorts version. :wink1:

Robin's the one for me - really hope they make him... but personally I do want the shorty-shorts version. :wink1:

I'd buy the shorty-shorts version if they made him, but I have the Hot Toys 66 version kinda filling my needs for that one. I've wanted a good Tim Drake version for years, and am amazed that between DC Direct, Medicom, Hot Toys, and Sideshow that no one has made a decent 1/6 modern Robin.

I'm a huge GL fan and my home office is littered with just about every GL statue that's been released, as well as the DC Direct 13" figures.

The new pictures here are better than the originals, but the price is just too steep for what it is. My wife already complains about how bad the DC Direct figures look in the same display cases as my Hot Toys figures - but I could point out that they cost half as much. Paying about the same amount for this as, say, the Hot Toys Deadpool just doesn't add up (for ME of course).

I want to WANT to buy this thing but the carnival mask, the weird texture on the suit, etc. are making me very reluctant. I get that everything gets more expensive over time, but it's tough to see where the money went with this one. :-/

I find it odd that people compare these figures to the DC 13" line, yes they have obvious comparability, however not in the way that people are doing. The cost of the lantern lighting up is more than that of the DC 13" line, the paint detail alone on the boots is more that that of the entire GL figure done by DC 13" line. We are talking about a figure that had a pretty plain paint job on it's plastic parts. I feel like people are looking at it hoping to get a huge amount of accessories however aren't thinking realistically about all the time and cost it takes to put into what this figure already has. And again comparing it to Hot Toys Iron Man is an even bigger unfair comparison than comparing this figure to the Batman from this line, Hot Toys has made how many of the Iron Man figures now? If Sideshow were to do a John Stewart or Guy or even my favorite Kyle you have to realize that the suits, by what I think would be many, would be expected to look different and so would the body types. So realistically to argue that Sideshow could reuse the GL figure and suit is not logical. Again this is my opinion and how I feel about the matter none of this is an attack or bash on or at anyone.

Anyone buying this?

I'm tempted since they made a few changes. I made a GL bash a while ago that's kept me from ordering though. I may get a few parts from TA and just upgrade mine instead, SS sculpt and hands and definitely the construct, then call it a day.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

@ Cocoboloboy. Did you do any mods to that superman figure? or is that all stock? Nice pictures by the way:)

I find it odd that people compare these figures to the DC 13" line, yes they have obvious comparability, however not in the way that people are doing. The cost of the lantern lighting up is more than that of the DC 13" line, the paint detail alone on the boots is more that that of the entire GL figure done by DC 13" line. We are talking about a figure that had a pretty plain paint job on it's plastic parts. I feel like people are looking at it hoping to get a huge amount of accessories however aren't thinking realistically about all the time and cost it takes to put into what this figure already has. And again comparing it to Hot Toys Iron Man is an even bigger unfair comparison than comparing this figure to the Batman from this line, Hot Toys has made how many of the Iron Man figures now? If Sideshow were to do a John Stewart or Guy or even my favorite Kyle you have to realize that the suits, by what I think would be many, would be expected to look different and so would the body types. So realistically to argue that Sideshow could reuse the GL figure and suit is not logical. Again this is my opinion and how I feel about the matter none of this is an attack or bash on or at anyone.

I think the comparison is due to the price point - this figure is more than twice the cost but nowhere twice as good looking (for some of us anyway - YMMV obviously).

If Iron Man isn't a fair comparison, how about Hawkeye, Deadpool, Captain America, Black Widow, Starlord, etc. etc. Expectations for this price point are (justifiably) high. I've got about 23 Hot Toys, 4 DC Direct 13", 4 Sideshow LotR, Sideshow Vader and R2-D2 and others but can't really see thus figure at this price.

Really not trying to tell you how to feel, just explaining my reaction to it. The quality of the figure to me is maybe right in the middle of DC Direct to Hot Toys continuum but the price is solidly on the Hot Toys side of the scale.

well spoken.

The other part is all they had to do was make a guy in a green/black suit. Very simple. But that got messed up. Doesn't give me a lot of faith in something more complex.

I so fear what is coming- I really want a doctor doom but the "interpretation" may involve something that turns it into a disappointment.

I think where SS flubbed on their GL is by branching away from his classic look. Other than Catwoman all the other DC figures had a classic look to them. Batman and Supes had the typical color scheme and old school spandex suit whereas GL got a textured suit and metallic colors. Had they just refined what DC Direct did with theirs they'd of had a winner.

@ Cocoboloboy. Did you do any mods to that superman figure? or is that all stock? Nice pictures by the way:)

The top pic is him with a modified body, I molded a lot of muscle on to the stock body. The bottom pic he's all stock.

^Thanks. I had no intention of buying this but then I saw your pics and now i'll get it.

You know, I'd love for them to eventually get around to making John Stewart and Kyle. Kyle in his 90's suit would be great. I always hated that they switched his costume from what he wore for his first few years. The black with green accents was a really cool and unique look.

I've stayed out of the DC line... but I have to say I like how the production figure of GL turned out. Really nice paint work on the portrait... in one of the shots you can clear see small freckles and color variations like you'd expect on a high end figure.

The head seems a touch big, but I can't tell if it's more of the neck being small or what but the proportions seem a bit off. He's a figure I wouldn't mind getting since there really isn't a good movie version to go with my Keaton Batman and Reeves Superman.

Back