SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

Looking at this pic; I'm assuming they are using the Boba Fett body for him as evidenced by the super skinny forearms. It was okay on Boba since the gauntets pretty much covered them, but not sure about it here:

1001341_press01-757Gg-cobra-commander-gijoe.jpg

That doesnt look like the same body that Kato shows in his pics.

2.png

Hmm. Now I'm thinking there's only one jacket. I believe the photographer just shifted the torso in that hooded CC shot to make the division cut appear more asymmetrical. The red Cobra emblem seems PS'd; it always sits upright, even when it shouldn't in the throne shot. A prototype rendering on Kato's monitor in one of his pics shows that the cape was at least initially intended to be removeable. Problem is: if we only get one jacket, it looks like SS is giving us a more symmetrical one, which doesn't look as great with the hooded HS, IMO. 'Hope I'm wrong and we get two jackets...

Interesting theory on the Cobra emblem being photoshopped, especially considering that this initial preview pic didn't have one at all....

575394_10151529389654145_656618557_n.jpg

Oh just futz the sleeves when you get them you big baby. :lecture

big+baby.jpg2.jpg

I'm just pointing out the odd choice of body... it was just a bit more obvious after seeing all the buff pics of CC that the Sideshow one had the Fett forearms. Although I don't think "I'm not sure about it" quite equates to "big baby" :lol

Although maybe the GI-Joe standards are different :huh

I was just checking out the pics of Cobra Commander on Sideshow Toys' website again and I have good news for everyone!

The figure is still badass.

Looking at this pic; I'm assuming they are using the Boba Fett body for him as evidenced by the super skinny forearms. It was okay on Boba since the gauntets pretty much covered them, but not sure about it here:

1001341_press01-757Gg-cobra-commander-gijoe.jpg

Damn I never noticed that. My excitement for this figure just went down a bit. I wish Hot Toys was making this and Vader...

This was my commission for Sideshow collectible last year and I am happy it is finally available now :

3.png

1.png
Looks like there could be an actual human being under there. :clap

Unfortunately the Sideshow doesn't look like that with it's skinny body and very narrow head.

The body is easily replaceable, but the dome head... :monkey4

Can anyone identify the arm?

20121101_173658.jpg

Yes.
it's a Takara Genx core male body.
Same body as is on their Batman Begins Figure
tumblr_lyw4oqwqwh1qj06a9o1_500.jpg

Damn I never noticed that. My excitement for this figure just went down a bit. I wish Hot Toys was making this and Vader...
I Don't. then they would both be over 300, and come with 1/3rd the accessories, and only one set of wrist-pegs.

Yes.

I Don't. then they would both be over 300, and come with 1/3rd the accessories, and only one set of wrist-pegs.

AND they would break easily.

Hot Toys is making stuff from those crap movies for their sheeple.

how ridiculous,some you are a bunch of nitpickers

Hot Toys is making stuff from those crap movies for their sheeple.

:lecture

Yes.

I disagree, The Takara body shown there does not have the joint at the base of the neck like the body in Kato's pic. Also, why would Kato tailor a costume for a different body then what will be used in production?

Face it, Kato's Commander outfit is shown on a Sideshow Prometheus body. That's how good it can look if you just futz with it properly. :D

Yeah... it's from the 90's comics. it's seconds after he took-up puppy kicking.
GI-Joe-Cobra-Commander-Kick-Dog.jpg

Cobra Commander Kicking the Dog the comics equivalent of Jumping the Shark. :lol

Hmm. Now I'm thinking there's only one jacket. I believe the photographer just shifted the torso in that hooded CC shot to make the division cut appear more asymmetrical. The red Cobra emblem seems PS'd; it always sits upright, even when it shouldn't in the throne shot. A prototype rendering on Kato's monitor in one of his pics shows that the cape was at least initially intended to be removeable. Problem is: if we only get one jacket, it looks like SS is giving us a more symmetrical one, which doesn't look as great with the hooded HS, IMO. 'Hope I'm wrong and we get two jackets...

look how close the buttons are to the cobra emblem with the cape and how much farther they are to the emblem without the cape. looks like 2 different jackets to me.

now you go back and look at the teaser image and that is not cobra commanders crest on his cape, it is definetly destro

now you go back and look at the teaser image and that is not cobra commanders crest on his cape, it is definetly destro

have I not said?? :)

When I brought it to the attention about Destro hiding behind CC, Matt Bishof (The Head of the 1/6 Joe line) liked my comment

I'd put money on that Destro will be revealed at SDCC

now who is on the left side in that picture? SS? Snowjob??

Back