SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know....the helmet seems off....looks very Vader-ish imo. If it were $139 I could prob see that....but at $175 I want a near perfect CC....considering it doesn't have a head sculpt. It's just a helmet. Why does this cost so much? The visor is re-used from the Viper. Concept art looks great in that pic of Kato's WIP....

I think thats why we are getting all these straight on shots. I looks goofy from other angles.

Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

100134_press03.jpg

Could this be SSC way of hinting that there is a surprise portrait behind the faceplate?
It does state on the description that The Cobra Commander Sixth Scale Figure features:
Classic Helmet with Chrome Mask
•Alternate Head with Hood

Kinda what Hasbro did with CC for the Hall of Fame back in 92.
Also in our first facebook sneak peak of this figure, you see CC's
helmet sitting on a post alone possibly indicating a portrait head.
I mean, why take all decent shots and then this sh***y one?
Just a thought...

Edit: This theory would justify the $175.00 price point

Last edited:
Its called inflation. Unfortunately the 1:6 market apparently inflates faster than gas does.

I didn't realize that 3 3/4 action figures were going for upwards of $10 until recently. But it is what it is. The prices have and probably will continue to go up. That said, there's no denying that the quality of Sideshow's releases has increased steadily along with the price; whether everyone is completely satisfied with the final in-hand product or not.

In my mind there's really no comparing their 1st CC release to, say, Zartan. The overall production quality is head and shoulders above what it was. Or Flint, v1 Snake Eyes, Duke compared to RocknRoll or even Falcon. And I'm not saying I don't have my gripes with certain figures (Snakes huge dome or CG jacket) but typically the good far outweighs the bad. And more often that not, even with some of the releases that didn't blow me away, I've been very pleased when I have them in-hand. I bought 2 CG's for instance. I'll take a slightly imperfect Joe over no Joe at all... even at the inflated price. I'm sure Sideshow loves hearing **** like that.

Also, Nams post about Kato and not questioning his sexuality... I thought it was hilarious that after he said that he proceeded to complain about Kato's use of "fabrics." That might have been the fruityest thing I've read in a good long while. LOL!!

Good to have you back Nam.

Last edited:
Also, Nams post about Kato and not questioning his sexuality... I thought it was hilarious that after he said that he proceeded to complain about Kato's use of "fabrics." That might have been the fruityest thing I've read in a good long while. LOL!!

Good to have you back Nam.

Because elite forces should be dressing themselves in shiny red vinyl. :goodpost::exactly:

Because elite forces should be dressing themselves in shiny red vinyl. :goodpost::exactly:

Because that's exactly what I said. :goodpost::exactly:

Anyway, I just felt like Sideshow was going for a motorcycle-type jacket for the CG and ended up with the "Thriller-esque" look that, like you said, was more flamboyant than military. IMO they nailed Hawk's jacket whereas the CG jacket was a half-baked attempt.

Don't worry Nam, we all know you're the biggest alpha here.

As for the helmet, yea something similar to the PF would have been better.

It begs the question as to why they didn't just use a 1/6 scale version of the PF helmet/mask. I can't say I'm a fan of the chrome. Not sure why people are so excited about it. Destro was chrome, but CC never was.

I don't like his face being a mirror as much as an empty void of grey like the original figure and cartoon.

Do we all at least agree that the new hooded version is the best representation of that particular look?

Back