SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its like the pictures are taken at different times in the months of production of the figure and then cobbled together for the reveal. WTF?!?

Agreed. Incomplete stitching, photoshop, apparently different figures from one photo to the next, and then no final pic showing the figure and all accessories laid out in front of it. Extremely poor Vader and CC reveals.

Yeah man! What's sideshow thinking! I think cobra commander should wear these instead of them nasty one piece boots!

GIDIDP-FU002.jpeg

Just in case you wanna cop 'em now, they're here at Cotswold. https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIDIDP-FU002

That's probably what he wears to dinner with the Baroness when Destro is away on business.

For figures, this was the closest.

cobracommandersb0926.JPG

The kewl 1991 figure had a unpainted face under the clear orange faceshield.

9641d1356363701-has-anyone-ever-looked-under-91-cobra-commanders-mask-cc91un.jpg

I wouldn't mind the Star Brigade style head being under SS's mask.

The comic showed him in a disguised face before being shot by Fred.

ordered. needed a cc and this is the best available, so what else can ya do. now hoping securing a throne wont be too difficult.

Looks to me like another (VADER!) shoddy job of prototype photography. Shoddy futzing, confusing pictures which look like different items, and a complete and total lack of consistency in what we are seeing. Just like Vader, another amateur outing by the photo/production team.

Its like the pictures are taken at different times in the months of production of the figure and then cobbled together for the reveal. WTF?!?

Completely agree... I really do think they are photos from different periods of time. Anyone's guess which you'll actually receive :lol

Based on the card art, the chrome/silver would be up for interpretation.

Looking at pics, this helmet/mask would work.

r_cobra-commander-pilot-003.jpg

The flares curve and aren't Vaderish like the SS one.

This is how I wanted the visor and helmet to look.

Looks to me like another (VADER!) shoddy job of prototype photography. Shoddy futzing, confusing pictures which look like different items, and a complete and total lack of consistency in what we are seeing. Just like Vader, another amateur outing by the photo/production team.

Totally agree, and this is leaving them open to the criticism that probably doesn't reflect the actual product. Vader, CC, etc.

Yeah, I feel like this was kind of a rushed product. Maybe because so many were chanting for a reveal (myself included). I think that whoever does SSCs photos really needs to up their game a bit though. Those pics are terrible. Except for the one of the Commander on the Throne, that pose rocks!

Back