SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He seems kind of gimpy, maybe the helmet is too small?

I Kind of feel like some of the best Joe figures were the earlier ones. I never bought past Zartan and Firefly and Snake Eyes are still my two faves.

This hobby seems to be losing speed, dunno what it is, but I feel the caché that it one had isn't there anymore. But I dont have the same excitement as I used to.

its the prices mostly...the hobby across the board is getting ridiculously expensive

my excitement comes when they show and preview product and then keep them coming at a consistant pace

I want MANY Joes from Sideshow,but will they be around to produce most of them or before they move onto something else?

Looks good, but I don't know if I NEED to get one at this price.

I preordered just in case I decide I do, though! :)

its the prices mostly...the hobby across the board is getting ridiculously expensive

my excitement comes when they show and preview product and then keep them coming at a consistant pace

I want MANY Joes from Sideshow,but will they be around to produce most of them or before they move onto something else?

I don't know why a lot of people are being Debbie Downer's about this piece. I grew up watching the cartoon as a little kid in the 80's and he looks fantastic. Perfect IMO. I think SS did great. Yes, it is annoying that the price is a little higher but it's nowhere near the insane prices of PFs these days. LOL I am getting out of pfs and more into 1/6 because of this. Regardless if SS is increasing prices, this is still a great looking 1/6. Cobra Commander looks amazing and I can't wait to grab him, Destro, and Baroness and then I don't really need anything else from SS at these prices.

Last edited:
I don't know why a lot of people are being Debbie Downer's about this piece. I grew up watching the cartoon as a little kid in the 80's and he looks fantastic. Perfect IMO. I think SS did great. Yes, it is annoying that the price is a little higher but it's nowhere near the insane prices of PFs these days. LOL I am getting out of pfs and more into 1/6 because of this. Cobra Commander looks amazing to me and I can't wait to grab him, Destro, and Baroness and then I don't really need anything else at these prices.

I agree...this CC is amazing to me aswell (ordered two)...

I don't know how anyone can justify paying $400 for a boring non-articulated permanently posed statue :lol

I really do want to see Destro (at SDCC),Snowjob,Gung-ho,Mutt,Shipwreck,Tomax/xamot (a perfect SDCC exclusive) and finally Quick Kick before this line sails ship

Well it seems like this figure has made the Cobra throne a hot piece now. I missed one for $125 and $155 last month and the one that ended yesterday on eBay just sold for $310 in auction. Now all the Buy it Now options are gone, which means that I will most likely not be an owner of the throne, since I rather put that money towards something else.

I agree...this CC is amazing to me aswell (ordered two)...

I don't know how anyone can justify paying $400 for a boring non-articulated permanently posed statue :lol

I really do want to see Destro (at SDCC),Snowjob,Gung-ho,Mutt,Shipwreck,Tomax/xamot (a perfect SDCC exclusive) and finally Quick Kick before this line sails ship

Yeah, I've started to realize how expensive and fragile PFs are and not worth the money... to me anyway... they look nice and I'm getting Superman and Wonder Woman but starting to let go of some others. 1/6 is great because of the ability to pose, accessories, etc. Maybe one day SS will do 1/4 figures that are poseable...? Hope so.

It looks good; but what stops it from being amazing is the helmet.

I see your point, but I would wait until we see it in hand. Those preview photos were rushed. He looked great in some photos and not in others. I'm pretty sure SS will get this right. It's probably their most important Joe figure to date.

Well it seems like this figure has made the Cobra throne a hot piece now. I missed one for $125 and $155 last month and the one that ended yesterday on eBay just sold for $310 in auction. Now all the Buy it Now options are gone, which means that I will most likely not be an owner of the throne, since I rather put that money towards something else.

You had what, like 3 years you could have bought one and now you waited until the secondary market demand was high. I'd say that was poor planning on your part.

You had what, like 3 years you could have bought one and now you waited until the secondary market demand was high. I'd say that was poor planning on your part.

I poached the throne for just over $100 delivered around christmas time...very glad I did! Amazing what some new relases will do to the value of old releases...

I understand what you're saying. I just can't spend $200 plus on 1:6th figures when I can get pieces that I think are cooler for much more. Its all in what you love the most. :hi5:

Aw, c'mon, more than decent...? :) Anyway, I cannot wait to get him.

The stirrups would have bumped CC up. If people don't like them, they could throw some $3 Dragon boots on him.

What would have made this figure amazing is including a backpack that could fit the laser pistol from the first figure, but not include that pistol.

Back