SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is his Cobra chest insignia? Seems. Bit scrawny although that's an easy fix.....something about that head/jawline just doesn't read right to me no matter how many pics I see.

Wish they would have shown a final production or production sample, not the unfinished one we already seen.

did anyone notice the white ninja stuff next to him in the photo

I thought I could be happy with my v1 Cobra Commander but the more I see this the more I hate the one I have and want this one.

They got the new Cobra Commander 90% right and he looks fantastic to me and like the classic Commander. The old version SS did from a couple years back unfortunately is a miss and I cannot wait to get the new CC 1/6 from them. Either will work though if you prefer to keep your old Sideshow one. I love this new helmeted CC because he looks accurate to the card art of the 80's.

Yeah, it looks like this stand has a compartment, cool. I'm glad i have him on order.

I hope Hot Toys does a Cobra Commander from Retaliation.

I'm really not impressed, the tailoring of the clothing is just so doll-like. Maybe I'm spoiled by Hot Toys but I just don't think this is as great as it COULD be.

Clothing looks sloppy and rushed like Disastro.

I've felt that about all Sideshow Collectible figures for a couple of years now. :monkey4

But this figure comes close to the original concept so I an hopefully getting it. I always liked the hooded version to.

Here is a stop motion piece i did for the 2009 Gi Joe Stop Motion Film festival. You can find it here. lol Enjoy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXyfvjchX8[/ame]

Yeah, Sideshow is lagging Hot Toys in nearly every department. But like the statues, they are pretty inconsistent. They take a step forward with something for one release, then two steps back with the next one.

1. get rid of the elongated neck, SSC loves to have their figures look like giraffes for some reason.

2. put it on a bigger frame body, which looks like what it was tailored to be on. Weird, are they not even tailoring their outfits on their own bodies? :cuckoo:

Two small things, otherwise pretty damn nice figure imo.

I hope Hot Toys does a Cobra Commander from Retaliation.

I'm really not impressed, the tailoring of the clothing is just so doll-like. Maybe I'm spoiled by Hot Toys but I just don't think this is as great as it COULD be.

Clothing looks sloppy and rushed like Disastro.

You guys do realize Kato did the outfit right?

The one on display at SDCC did not look like the Kato prototype. Don't know if it's due to a different body being used, a failure to properly replicate his tailoring, crummier materials, or some combination of those things.

Back