SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's the king of the 1/6 custom outfit world. He was responsible for the Joker outfit that Hot Toys later co-opted for the DX 2.0 Ledger Joker. He charges hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the stuff you buy from him directly. He also tailored the Crimson Guard outfit Sideshow used. Board name is Kato.E

1. get rid of the elongated neck, SSC loves to have their figures look like giraffes for some reason.

2. put it on a bigger frame body, which looks like what it was tailored to be on. Weird, are they not even tailoring their outfits on their own bodies? :cuckoo:

Two small things, otherwise pretty damn nice figure imo.

I believe the elongated neck is for the Hooded head sculpt. Can SS give us two types of necks? That may help matters.

You guys seriously don't have a bag full body parts, hands, feet, different necks?

Listen, for the crazy amount of $ that these are costing nowadays it is an insult to have to fall back on retooling a figure that should have been properly attended to prior to passing approval. :pfft:

Also, Evil I sold all of my figures a year ago so send me some body parts. :)

I'm cooling a bit on this figure. The neck does look long with the helmeted sculpt, but I was planning on using the hooded sculpt anyways and the neck issue doesn't appear as noticeable with the alt sculpt. But for those who prefer the helmeted head, I completely understand everyone's concerns. But it's clothing/tailoring that I'm not liking. His coat either needs to be longer so it hangs below his belt or it needs to be tucked in and his pants need belt loops. The loose clothes don't bother me much, even though his clothes clearly fit tighter on the show and in the comics.

I wish Sideshow would have just recreated the PF CC in 1/6th scale.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, both viper and Crimson guard had the long neck issue. Since I plan on porting CC to a TT I have hopes that this will resolve both the neck issue (using TT shorter neck) and the lose outfit. This isn't a proper solution as it requires adding an additional $50-$60 to an already expensive figure but to be honest futzing these figures is half the fun for me.

If I recall correctly, both viper and Crimson guard had the long neck issue. Since I plan on porting CC to a TT I have hopes that this will resolve both the neck issue (using TT shorter neck) and the lose outfit. This isn't a proper solution as it requires adding an additional $50-$60 to an already expensive figure but to be honest futzing these figures is half the fun for me.

:exactly:

My point wasn't that the figure was screwed, but exactly what you said, two small issues that were easily corrected and otherwise looks great to me.

You know I actually like that those Cobra stands are sold separately. What I might do is just pick up one for CC so that he can still be elevated a bit above Bludd and Baroness without having to waste hundreds of dollars picking up an unwieldy throne.

995424_4470201133299_164825159_n_zps8eba5ca3.jpg

Yeah in that one video the guy said the stands are sold separately and that Baroness, CC, and Destro will still come with the regular ones. So for all we know that v2 SS will come with a standard "GI Joe" stand instead of Cobra. They just had him propped on the new one for the show.

That's surprising. I can't see those stands going for that much (of course, this is Sideshow), unless they come multiple in a pack. Even $20 for two is a little much.

Back